Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to mount the battery

Hello

Can someone help me with the battery mount? I can't seem to figure this out and I can't find a pic of one mounted online. Any help would be appreciated. Also, a good pic of one mounted would be good.
    1979 xs1100f
    New Fuse Box
    Progressive Shocks
    Gold Valve Emulator
    Dyna Coils
    Electronic Flasher
    Led Headlight
    Led Turn Signals
    4 Led Driving Lights
    2nd Gear Fix
    Auto Cam Tensioner
    Digital Dash
    Stainless Braided Lines
    R6 4 Piston Calipers
    Stainless Bolt Kit
    Maier Fairing
    Dyna Balancing Beads
    Spin On Oil Filter
    Stebel Nautilus Horn
    Plasti Dip Rims
    ISO Grips

Hey Rev- I believe it mounts with one bolt near the negative side on the bottom, and it may also mount on the fuse box side?
    1979 XS1100F
    2H9 Mod, Truck-Lite LED Headlight, TECHNA-FIT S/S Brake Lines, Rear Air Shocks, TKAT Fork Brace, Dyna DC-I Coils, TC Fuse Block, Barnett HD Clutch Springs, Superbike Handlebars, V-Star 650 ACCT, NGK Irridium Plugs, OEM Exhaust. CNC-Cut 2nd Gear Dogs; Ported/Milled Head; Modded Airbox: 8x8 Wix Panel Filter; #137.5 Main Jet, Viper Yellow Paint, Michelin Pilot Activ F/R, Interstate AGM Battery, 14MM MC, Maier Fairing, Cree LED Fog Lights.

Comment

Hi Rev,
      I presume from your comment that the old battery is no longer in place you will have the seat and both side covers off. On the left side of the frame just below the frame rail you should find the negative wire heavy gauge maybe #8 about 10 inches long. This connects to the negative post of the battery. On the right hand side is a solenoid (round silver thing) with a Red wire #8 about 6 inches long this connect to the positive post of the battery. Slide the new battery, which you have charged according to the instructions that came with it, about half way into the holder to connect the Neg. terminal. followed by the Pos. before inserting all the way and check that solenoid is back in its rubber housing.
      Report you success
      Phil
      ps you do have the battery holder installed on the bike
      1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
      1983 XJ 650 Maxim
      2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

Oh I think I catch what ur asking. Okay, put the battery in the plastic tray with the slotted box on the left side (for the battery drain hose). Put the rubber mount on-top of the battery. Have the metal bar into the two rubber grommet holes. Slide that into the battery box. Then, the strap-down bar goes diagonal, from Southeast to Northwest.

I'll get a pic tomorrow for anyone else.
        1979 XS1100F
        2H9 Mod, Truck-Lite LED Headlight, TECHNA-FIT S/S Brake Lines, Rear Air Shocks, TKAT Fork Brace, Dyna DC-I Coils, TC Fuse Block, Barnett HD Clutch Springs, Superbike Handlebars, V-Star 650 ACCT, NGK Irridium Plugs, OEM Exhaust. CNC-Cut 2nd Gear Dogs; Ported/Milled Head; Modded Airbox: 8x8 Wix Panel Filter; #137.5 Main Jet, Viper Yellow Paint, Michelin Pilot Activ F/R, Interstate AGM Battery, 14MM MC, Maier Fairing, Cree LED Fog Lights.

Comment

I assume the battery tray is installed in the bike and it's the hold down that has you wondering...

The XS tray assembly is on the left (the other is the XJ tray); the top part of the hold down is to the left of the tray. One end goes into the slot you can see at the top left on the tray, the two 'stubs' sticking up out of it go into the rubber grommets in frame; this is put into place before sliding the battery in. Once in, secure it with the strap shown, the lower end slot goes over the tray 'tab', the strap/hold down bolt together at the top.
          Last edited by crazy steve; 03-29-2014, 10:32 AM.
          Fast, Cheap, Reliable... Pick any two

'78E original owner - resto project
          '78E ???? owner - Modder project FJ forks, 4-piston calipers F/R, 160/80-16 rear tire
          '82 XJ rebuild project
          '80SG restified, red SOLD
          '79F parts...
          '81H more parts...

Other current bikes:
          '93 XL1200 Anniversary Sportster 85RWHP
          '86 XL883/1200 Chopper
          '82 XL1000 w/1450cc Buell, Baker 6-speed, in-progress project
          Cage: '13 Mustang GT/CS with a few 'custom' touches
          Yep, can't leave nuthin' alone...

Comment

There's a hold down

Phil
            1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
            1983 XJ 650 Maxim
            2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

I see. I am missing the bar that attaches to the lower part of the tray. I will look for it. The pics help. Thanks
              1979 xs1100f
              New Fuse Box
              Progressive Shocks
              Gold Valve Emulator
              Dyna Coils
              Electronic Flasher
              Led Headlight
              Led Turn Signals
              4 Led Driving Lights
              2nd Gear Fix
              Auto Cam Tensioner
              Digital Dash
              Stainless Braided Lines
              R6 4 Piston Calipers
              Stainless Bolt Kit
              Maier Fairing
              Dyna Balancing Beads
              Spin On Oil Filter
              Stebel Nautilus Horn
              Plasti Dip Rims
              ISO Grips

Comment

If you require the parts, I've taken my whole assemble out to mount a glass plate battery under the seat. Everything is there and in good shape. PM me if there's interest.
                81 H "Traumaha"
                06 KLR 650
                06 Katana 600 (Sold)
                05 Star 1100 (Sold)
                78 GS1000 Cafe (Traded for a Chrysler 68 Newport)
                79 RD400 (Stolen)
                78 KE175
                Schwinn Tricycle red (with a loud bell)

Comment

Working...
                X