question about my new valve guide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks GReezer,

You guy s are the best. Well almost the best. My older borther gave me this XS11 so I have to say he is top on my list, but you guys are a very close second. I hope everything else goes well.

So on another note: When are you guys going to get a ride some where near missouri. My wife is riding now and would love to ride with the guys that pulled me through this mess.
    79 XS1100 f (BIGDOG)
    80 XS650 Special
    85 KAW 454 LTD
    Dirty Dan

Comment

I'm hoping to make it to the rally in Montana and I doubt I'll get any further away from Oregon this year. I'm back to turning wrenches on motorcycles to pay the bills and I expect to be busy all summer.

Geezer
      Hi my name is Tony and I'm a bikeoholic.

The old gray biker ain't what he used to be.

Comment

wekk Greezer,

I'll bet who ever you are turning wrenches for are very lucky to have someone with such great bike knowledge. The wife and I will have to look you uo if we are ever in your neck of the woods.
        79 XS1100 f (BIGDOG)
        80 XS650 Special
        85 KAW 454 LTD
        Dirty Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DEmily
          wekk Greezer,

I'll bet who ever you are turning wrenches for are very lucky to have someone with such great bike knowledge. The wife and I will have to look you uo if we are ever in your neck of the woods.
          I'm running an independent motorcycle service shop out of my ratty little garage. For the most part, if it ain't 20 or more years old, I don't want to work on it.

I serviced a GL650 Honda for a doc and he scored me 6 months worth of arthritis meds. This has to be the best trade I’ve ever made. Anyway have bikes waiting and I’ve got to get to’em.

Geezer

Comment

Don't work too hard on those old bikes Greezer. Save some time to ride
            79 XS1100 f (BIGDOG)
            80 XS650 Special
            85 KAW 454 LTD
            Dirty Dan

Comment

It's just like the old days, I don't have any money if I don't work on bikes and I don't have any time when I do.

I sold a part on eBay and followed up with some tech support to a guy in Blood, Sweat and Tears. He's getting me into their concert in Skagit Washinton on June 6th. I plan to ride up on the Mongrel I think it's going to be a good weekend. ;-)

Geezer

Comment

HEY HEY I rode today!!!

IT'S ALIVE!! I finished the old girl up today and it is running like a champ!. Thank you everyone for your help. I still need to tune and resync the carbs, but I am there! It sound fantastic! Runs good, but pops a bit on acceleration. I am runnig lean on the main needles and pilots so I figured once I reset the main jet needles back to standard and tune and resync, I should be in great shape. I felt real good taking her down the road. I don't think I stop smiling for at least an hour.

I got a lot of cosmetic things to do yet, but the old girl is beathing fire!

Thanks again EVERYONE!!!!
                79 XS1100 f (BIGDOG)
                80 XS650 Special
                85 KAW 454 LTD
                Dirty Dan

Comment

Working...
                X