Reserve Lighting Module.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reserve Lighting Module.

Hi, quick question. I've a XJ1100 Maxim with a headlight warning lamp on continuously, I have the circuit and see the green wire goes to the HEAD fuse, and the yellow wire goes straight to the RLU. There's no shorts on this yellow wire and if it's grounded the warning lamp shows. I have noticed that the 8 way connector has been fixed and the yellow wire is seperate from the connector, there's good low resistance to the headlamp connector. The only thing I can think about is either the module has failed, even though the high beam / low beam works fine or becuase of the poor connections, nothing seems to change when they are disturbed, the module thinks there's a failure. Any suggestions.?
    XJ11

Have you checked to see if you have a defective headlight? The RLU will automatically switch to the 'good' half of the lamp if one side is bad, even dimming the high beam if low beam is bad. So the headlight will appear to work right, but you'll get the 'headlight' message on the monitor. If that's not it, then the monitor likely has an internal fault and those are unfortunately not repairable....
    Fast, Cheap, Reliable... Pick any two

'78E original owner - resto project
    '78E ???? owner - Modder project FJ forks, 4-piston calipers F/R, 160/80-16 rear tire
    '82 XJ rebuild project
    '80SG restified, red SOLD
    '79F parts...
    '81H more parts...

Other current bikes:
    '93 XL1200 Anniversary Sportster 85RWHP
    '86 XL883/1200 Chopper
    '82 XL1000 w/1450cc Buell, Baker 6-speed, in-progress project
    Cage: '13 Mustang GT/CS with a few 'custom' touches
    Yep, can't leave nuthin' alone...

Comment

Working...