front end ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• front end ?

I've been kicking the idea to run ,lets say a wide glide front end on my bike .Can this be done bolt on ?Anyone ever tried ? Thoughts comments?
    1982 XJ 1100
    going strong after 60,000 miles

The new and not yet improved TRIXY
    now in the stable. 1982 xj11, 18,000miles

Front End

chev454, my first thought would be why?
    Next thought would be if you are going to go to that much effort would you not end up with a better bike if you installed a Suziki GSXR 1000 front end. That along with the Suzuki rotors, calipers and front wheel.
    etter suspension AND brakes.
    Just a thought.
    Ken/Sooke

Comment

My first thought: Because it would look cool, in my opinion.
      My second thought: I think that depends on what your definition of a better bike is. Not everyones is the same.
      Chad

Comment

In the end, you might be "beefing-up" a harley!

Originally posted by slicky5150
        My first thought: Because it would look cool, in my opinion.
        My second thought: I think that depends on what your definition of a better bike is. Not everyones is the same.
        Chad
        Skids (Sid Hansen)

Down to one 1978 E. Stock air box with K&N filter, 81H pipes and carbs, 8500 feet elevation.

Comment

just plain cruser

I've already sucummed to the fact that this bike (xj) IS not going to go 150mph,NOT going to handle like a crotch rocket AND NOT keep up with even a 600cc jap bike. I understand it is the grand father big cc bike.I do however like the way harleys look. my bike IS a cruiser(and Will beat 89 percent of harleys on the road today)And being a crusier i think it would look way cool with a skinny front tire. I'm not cutting anyone down ,i asked for comments and got them. I got no problem with that.And now how about cutting two cylinders off turning the other two at 45 degree angle to each.................lol
          1982 XJ 1100

Comment

p.s,

My other bike is a 1990 gsxr750.geared piped jetted ignition advancer manuel cam chain tentioner. AND it still sits while i ride my xj,believe it or not.(had to throw that in there
            1982 XJ 1100

Comment

I think it might work. Actually I don't see a reason it wouldn't. You would probbably have to make/modify the holder thingies. If you got a hammer, welder, hacksaw or similar and a local hardware store, you're OK.

LP

PS: Some sort of a measuring device helps, but it aint necessary.
              If it doesn't have an engine, it's not a sport, it's only a game.
              (stole that one from I-dont-know-who)

Comment

Working...
              X