Rear brake dragging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear brake dragging

I have accomplished replacing the rear wheel bearings and aligning the rotor with the caliper and all is well in that regard. Thanks to everyone that helped me with that project. However, the issue now is that the rear pads are rubbing on the rotor constantly. They will also increase pressure on the rotor until I have to release the pressure by opening the bleeder valve on the rear caliper. I think I have seen this issue mentioned previously but not sure. If someone has encountered this problem before and could share some information it would be greatly appreciated!!
    80 XS11 1196 Wiseco kit, balanced crank,

Originally posted by Punisher View Post
    I have accomplished replacing the rear wheel bearings and aligning the rotor with the caliper and all is well in that regard. Thanks to everyone that helped me with that project. However, the issue now is that the rear pads are rubbing on the rotor constantly. They will also increase pressure on the rotor until I have to release the pressure by opening the bleeder valve on the rear caliper. I think I have seen this issue mentioned previously but not sure. If someone has encountered this problem before and could share some information it would be greatly appreciated!!
    Now you need to take the caliper, master cylinder, and brake likes off and clean them VERY WELL. Including the "spooge hole", which is there to release the pressure from the line when you release the pedal.
    Nathan
    KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
    K&N Filter
    #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
    OEM Exhaust
    ATK Fork Brace
    LED Dash lights
    Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
    SS Brake Lines
    Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Punisher View Post
      Time to clean the master cylinder. Its not letting fluid flow back into the reservoir, there is a passage that is blocked with crud.
      '79 XS11 F
      Stock except K&N

'79 XS11 SF
      Stock, no title.

'84 Chevy K-10 "Big Blue"
      GM 350, Muncie SM465, NP208, GM 10 Bolt with 3.42gears turnin 31x10.5 Baja Claws

"What they do have is an implacable, unrelenting presence and movement that bespeaks massive power lurking behind paint and chrome. They don't wail like a screeching ninja, the don't rumble like a harley. They just growl like a spactic, stressed out badger waiting to rip your face off and eat your soul." Trainzz~RIP~

Comment

From the Tech Tips - Master Cylinder Spooge Holes, complete with pictures.
        Ken Talbot

Comment

Working...
        X