Worth A save?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worth A save?

Owner wants it gone local to me. Don't know the condition going to look at Saturday and probably pick it up has a title not run in years.

82 XJ1100J
    81 Venturer
    Newly acquired Aches N Pains collection

Hah! I thought that was my bike for a second. Definitely worth it. Probs a '78/'79. Not original mufflers, but still a great snag. Headlight cowl is worth the extra.
    1979 XS1100F
    2H9 Mod, Truck-Lite LED Headlight, TECHNA-FIT S/S Brake Lines, Rear Air Shocks, TKAT Fork Brace, Dyna DC-I Coils, TC Fuse Block, Barnett HD Clutch Springs, Superbike Handlebars, V-Star 650 ACCT, NGK Irridium Plugs, OEM Exhaust. CNC-Cut 2nd Gear Dogs; Ported/Milled Head; Modded Airbox: 8x8 Wix Panel Filter; #137.5 Main Jet, Viper Yellow Paint, Michelin Pilot Activ F/R, Interstate AGM Battery, 14MM MC, Maier Fairing, Cree LED Fog Lights.

Comment

Take it bro, it looks complete. Don't forget, usually nothing big really breaks on these bikes, just minor stuff.
      2H7 (79)
      3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

Hey,
        Even if Sandy drowned it, it's still worth it.
        1980G Standard, Restored
        Kerker 4 - 1
        850 Rear End Mod
        2-21 Flashing LED Arrays on either side of license plate for Brake Light Assist, 1100 Lumen Cree Aux Lights,
        Progressive springs, Showa rear shocks
        Automatic CCT
        1980GH Special, Restored
        Stock Exhaust, New Handlebars, 1" Spacer in Fork Springs, Automatic CCT, Showa Rear Shocks
        '82 XJ1100 (Sold)
        Automatic CCT, RC Engineering 4 X 1 Exhaust, K&N Pods, #50 Pilot Jets, YICS Eliminator. Sorely missed.

Comment

Absolutely worth it!! That looks like an amazing start to me. And a standard model, which seem to be rare as hens teeth around these parts of the world.

Of course pics always make it look much better than all the cruddy, rusted crap your going to find once you start digging, but still, how could it not be worth it!!
          Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
          80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
          93 GSX600F
          80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
          81 XS1100 Special
          81 CB750 C
          80 CB750 C
          78 XS750

Comment

This Lucky Duck avoided the flooding its inland and stayed high and dry unlike my others. I am still full speed restore on at least one of the 81's but thought I would shelf this one till I get the 81 done.
            82 XJ1100J
            81 Venturer

Comment

Standards ( and all XS's) are ALWAYS worth the time and effort to bring back to their former glory. Go for it. I really would, too, if it were local to me! I don't know how guys get wind of these bikes, I never have had one sort of fall into my lap. That is the only way SWMBO would allow 2 in our garage.
              79 F
              Previously owned: (among others)
              1969 Harley- Davidson Rapido 125 (Aermacchi)
              1967 Suzuki X6 Hustler
              1973 Suzuki TM 125
              1979 XS1100 F
              2005 Kaw. Vulcan VN800
              1991 BMW K75

Comment

Standards ( and all XS's) are ALWAYS worth the time and effort to bring back to their former glory. Go for it. I really would, too, if it were local to me! I don't know how guys get wind of these bikes, I never have had one sort of fall into my lap. That is the only way SWMBO would allow 2 in our garage.
                79 F
                Previously owned: (among others)
                1969 Harley- Davidson Rapido 125 (Aermacchi)
                1967 Suzuki X6 Hustler
                1973 Suzuki TM 125
                1979 XS1100 F
                2005 Kaw. Vulcan VN800
                1991 BMW K75

Comment

Originally posted by IanDMacDonald View Post
                  Hah! I thought that was my bike for a second. Definitely worth it. Probs a '78/'79. Not original mufflers, but still a great snag. Headlight cowl is worth the extra.
                  Had me too. I thought you had got rid of her.
                  78 E - 2to1 exhaust, dynatek coils, special headlight [SOLD!]
                  79 F - gas tank refurb, headgasket change, straight pipes, late model carbs, virago lowering shocks, special headlight and gauges, TC fuse block, GSXR-1100 carbs (WIP)

"May my tires not fail me, nor my engine grow cold"

Comment

How much?

Read all the posts but can't see the asking price.
                    No matter, go for it.
                    BTW, the top photo shows orange paint and the rest show yellow, what colour is it really?
                    Fred Hill, S'toon
                    XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
                    "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

Adjust your monitor Fred, lol. Looks like a fantastic shade of yellow to me
                      1979 XS1100F
                      2H9 Mod, Truck-Lite LED Headlight, TECHNA-FIT S/S Brake Lines, Rear Air Shocks, TKAT Fork Brace, Dyna DC-I Coils, TC Fuse Block, Barnett HD Clutch Springs, Superbike Handlebars, V-Star 650 ACCT, NGK Irridium Plugs, OEM Exhaust. CNC-Cut 2nd Gear Dogs; Ported/Milled Head; Modded Airbox: 8x8 Wix Panel Filter; #137.5 Main Jet, Viper Yellow Paint, Michelin Pilot Activ F/R, Interstate AGM Battery, 14MM MC, Maier Fairing, Cree LED Fog Lights.

Comment

Originally posted by IanDMacDonald View Post
                        Adjust your monitor Fred, lol. Looks like a fantastic shade of yellow to me
                        Hi Ian,
                        dunno about that.
                        I reckon if one photo shows a bike's paint as light orange and the photo right below it shows the same bike's paint as yellow
                        (fantastic shade of notwithstanding) the problem ain't at my end.
                        Fred Hill, S'toon
                        XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
                        "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

And so it was that later
                          As the miller told his tale
                          That her face, at first just ghostly,
                          Turned a whiter shade of pale

Don't sweat the small sh!t fellas, it's Yella'
                          1980 XS1100G "Dolly G" Full Dresser (with a coat of many colors )
                          1979 XS1100SF (stock-euro mods planned)
                          1984 XV700L Virago (to be hot-modded)
                          1983 XJ750MK Midnight Maxim (semi-restored DD)
                          1977 XS650D ( patiently awaiting resto)

Sometimes it takes a whole tank of gas before you can think straight.

Comment

Originally posted by fredintoon View Post
                            Hi Ian,
                            dunno about that.
                            I reckon if one photo shows a bike's paint as light orange and the photo right below it shows the same bike's paint as yellow
                            (fantastic shade of notwithstanding) the problem ain't at my end.
                            Sorry about that Fred. It's just the lighting of whatever is shining light on the bike, i.e. (sun, security light, etc.) I have almost the same exact color on my bike from PPG: Dynamite Yellow.
                            1979 XS1100F

Comment

In the Stable tomorrow

This one should be in the stable tomorrow. Owner found the title that's all I need don't have to twist a twisties arm.
                              82 XJ1100J
                              81 Venturer

Comment

Working...
                              X