Idle Mixture Screw Hole Repair?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idle Mixture Screw Hole Repair?

My #3 carb has a larger damaged hole for the tip of the idle mix screw. Has anyone ever tried to repair this?

I was thinking about useing solder to repair it. I was thinking of using some kind of heat resistant plastic or something like that to flill the hole then solder around it. Once the solder is set pull the plastic out and the hole should be fixed.

Just looking for opinions and thoughts.

Maybe if this works then it can be put under the repair tips.

Thanks
    USMC 2005 - Present

79 XS1100F -Mileage unknown - Clubman bars, aftermarket headlight and speedometer, 4 into 1 straight through exhaust, TopCat's fuse box, 1980G rear fender - Daily driver - My first Motorcycle
    78 XS1100E - Rebuilt And Sold I SHOULD OF KEPT IT!!!

The damaged hole really doesn't affect the adjustment because, after all, it is adjustable. Unless of course it's damaged so the flow cannot be restricted enough to properly lean the mixture.
    Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Working...
    X