X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• crossover question

Started mmy pipe
    Project and removing the old set. Do the crossover just fit toge
    Together or is there a connector I'm not seeing? Everything else came off fine so far. Knock on wood. Thanks for any input.
    81 H

Originally posted by haywardguy929 View Post
    Started mmy pipe
    Project and removing the old set. Do the crossover just fit toge
    Together or is there a connector I'm not seeing? Everything else came off fine so far. Knock on wood. Thanks for any input.
    Hi 'guy,
    one side fits inside the other with a crush sleeve gasket between them.
    There's either a built-in clamp or some kinda PO fix holding the halves together.
    Undo EVERY OTHER exhaust system retaining fastener first then undo whatever is holding the two halves together.
    Now arrange a pipe, washers, nuts and threaded rod ersatz jack between the two exhaust pipes and jack them apart.
    Carefully.
    Even if you don't want the exhaust, so long as it ain't totally FUBAR it has considerable sale or trade value.
    Fred Hill, S'toon
    XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
    "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

Thank you it popped apart after I posted. Hate to just bang on stuff.
      81 H

Comment

It was broken anyway Ken. Did you get a good exhaust for it?
        Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Greg yeah got a deal on some harley pipes. Got extensions and just nerd to fab some brackets and get them welded. Got 2 different guys who can wwld for me so I just need to do the rest. Stage one went good hope the rest does. Will post a pic when done.
          81 H

Comment

Not meaning to be a spoiled sport but everyone I know who has had Harley muffs welded on they have broken.

They do sound good though.
            Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Working...
            X