X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '82 XJ650 Maxim TRIP SET KNOW FELL OFF

Sent for NED
    Evening Group,
    The trip reset knob on my fell off last week while I was on the road. I have a spare instrument cluster but have been unable to determine how to remove the knob or shaft from the speedometer. I do have the 2 CD set and there does not seem any reference to this problem. Does anybody on the forum have any hints?

Thank you, Ned
    Dell82
    Houston, TX
    82' XJ1100J Maxim "LASERMAX"
    SOLD 86' Kawasaki Voyager XII, 1200cc SOLD
    SOLD 82' CB450SC Nighthawk, FOR SALE SOLD
    SOLD 82' CB450SC Nighthawk, parts bike SOLD

Originally posted by DELL82 View Post
    Sent for NED
    Evening Group,
    The trip reset knob on my fell off last week while I was on the road. I have a spare instrument cluster but have been unable to determine how to remove the knob or shaft from the speedometer. I do have the 2 CD set and there does not seem any reference to this problem. Does anybody on the forum have any hints?

Thank you, Ned
    The knob is screwed onto the shaft counter clockwise so to take it off you turn clock wise. If your extra cluster is in good shape leave it alone as you need to take the glass out by removing the rim, get inside and hold the shaft with a needle nose and unscrew the knob. I might have a old speedo I can get a knob out of. Done };~)
    76 XS650 C ROADSTER
    80 XS650 G Special II
    https://ibb.co/album/icbGgF
    80 XS 1100 SG
    81 XS 1100LH/SH DARKHORSE
    https://tinyurl.com/k6nzvtw
    AKA; Don'e, UD, Unca Don'e

Comment

My '82 XJ1100 is a lot easier to remove. Thanks, I will copy to Ned for his info.
      Dell
      Dell82
      Houston, TX
      82' XJ1100J Maxim "LASERMAX"
      SOLD 86' Kawasaki Voyager XII, 1200cc SOLD
      SOLD 82' CB450SC Nighthawk, FOR SALE SOLD
      SOLD 82' CB450SC Nighthawk, parts bike SOLD

Comment

Working...
      X