Signal Lights 80 Standard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Signal Lights 80 Standard

Hello All, I am getting my bike back in shape as family is getting older and I have a bit more time. It has been a while since I have used the forum - glad to see so much interest in this great bike still. My question is: From the factory, were both the front and rear signal lights also running lights? I cannot remember how the lights worked when I purchased my bike in 84. Now my lights are not flashing and previous threads may give me the info that I need, but I am confused as my front amber signal socket has a single wire and the rear amber has two. This suggests front were signal only and rear both running and signal. My ultimate goal would be to have amber signal and running both front and rear if legal. Thanks, Mike

You must have your sockets switched. The front should have 2 because they are both running and tun signals. The rear should only have 1 since they can only be used as turn signals since they are amber. At least here in the USA all rear facing running lights must be red, so if one wants to change the turn signals to run/turn then you need to change to a red lense.
    Nathan
    KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
    K&N Filter
    #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
    OEM Exhaust
    ATK Fork Brace
    LED Dash lights
    Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
    SS Brake Lines
    Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

here is a link to a Owner's manual, might have a wiring diagram in there

(takes a few min's to load its about 300 pages)

http://www.ringler.us/xs1100/YamXS1100Manfull.pdf

Comment

I must have switched them somehow when taking parts off to store the bike in my basement - that clarifies it - I'll keep the amber running in front and signals only in back. The manual does confirm this. Thanks for input. Mike

Comment

Working...
        X