XS 11 Luggage Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XS 11 Luggage Question

New to the XS 11, my Brother, moved to KS, and left his XS in my garage last winter, the bike sat up for a while and was not ridden much prior to that.

so long story short, I got tired of seeing it just wasting away and decided it need to be ridden... After cleaning the cards, changing the fuel lines, fresh oil/ brake fluid, and cleaning up the fuse connections for the electrical, this sleeping giant came to life.

This is the most deceptive bike I have ridden, does not look like a beast, but is very strong, needless to say, it is now tagged, inspected and road ready.

I am interested in putting some luggage on the back so I can carry odds and ends with me, will give me more of an excuse to jump on her, more often.

So I live in the Dallas area and saw these on CL... anyone know if they will fit, they are asking 100 bucks, look nice, but I am not sure what else will need to be done to install them

or does anyone have any other ideas?

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/mpo/4004585071.html

I am open to soft bags or hard bags, also looking for a sport fairing that will work for this bike as well.

I have been reading up on this forum, looks like a lot of great knowledge and is turning me quickly into a XSessive!

Cheers
    Last edited by newty; 08-17-2013, 09:10 AM. Reason: added a link

Welcome! They could work, easiest way would be to find some actual saddle bag attachments for an XS though. BA80 mounted a set like those on his bike, but he used XS hardbag mounts and just attached the bags to those.

Here is the thread he did about them.

http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38663
    Last edited by natemoen; 08-17-2013, 09:18 AM.
    Nathan
    KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
    K&N Filter
    #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
    OEM Exhaust
    ATK Fork Brace
    LED Dash lights
    Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
    SS Brake Lines
    Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Thanks... I will see if I can find some brackets cheap, those bags look pretty nice for 100 bucks

Comment

These work pretty good too!

Nathan
        KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
        K&N Filter
        #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
        OEM Exhaust
        ATK Fork Brace
        LED Dash lights
        Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
        SS Brake Lines
        Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Nice... that looks pretty cool, and looks like they hold plenty of gear

Thanks Natmeon

Comment

Originally posted by newty View Post
            - - - saw these on CL... anyone know if they will fit, they are asking 100 bucks, look nice, but I am not sure what else will need to be done to install them - - -
            Hi Newty,
            depends how handy you are, if you can make your own support brackets that's the least costly. Check the XS/XJ 11 parts for sale forum to see what you can find.
            Another thing you will have to do is move the rear turn signals. I don't say the factory deliberately put them where they are to stop you mounting saddlebags but they may as well have.
            Tell the seller they'd be a bitch to mount and offer him $75.
            Last edited by fredintoon; 08-17-2013, 05:03 PM.
            Fred Hill, S'toon
            XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
            "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

Working...
            X