Forward footpegs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forward footpegs

Don't know what else to call them. My legs are just a bit too long for the Yamaha clamp on footpegs that I have on the side of the 3 point engine guards. What would be best for me would be to have a clamp on the middle & more forward brace pipe, rather than clamped on the side & sticking out like wings.

What would be even better would be to have another 2"-3" forward extension to move the foot pegs 5"-7" forward of where they are now. Anything like this anyone had a link to? What I have now are the chrome yamaha footpegs, pretty cheap looking but they work.

Thanks,

Gary
    82 XJ1100 Maxim "hurricane"- DEKA EXT18L AGM battery , NGK BPR6EIX spark plugs, Green Dyna coils, Sylvania SilverStar Ultra H4 bulb, 139 dB Stebel Nautilus air horn, Home-made K&N air filter based on an original paper filter frame, new piston rings, Barnett Clutch Springs, SS braid/Teflon brake lines, TKAT fork brace, rebuilt calipers, master cylinders, new brakes, reupholstered seat, lotsa little things and so many answered questions here.

Could look for one of the hoop style crash guards that mount on the front of the frame and put the highway pegs on that.
    Nathan
    KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
    K&N Filter
    #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
    OEM Exhaust
    ATK Fork Brace
    LED Dash lights
    Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
    SS Brake Lines
    Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Some bikes I've seen have a pipe with u-bolts through it that attaches to the front
      Down tubes of the frame in front of the motor. Then you cup the ends off to the desired
      Width and mount the flip down highway pegs.

Look on twisted throttle for intresting ideas.

Good luck
      1979 XS1100SF Special.78 E motor/carbs, Jardine 4-2 exhaust, XS Green coils, Corbin seat, S.S. Brake lines, Hard cases, Heated grips.
      1981 Yamaha XJ750RH Seca (War Pig) XS11S front end and rear swingarm with 17" rim, 20mm ammo box saddle boxes, HID headlight, LED aux lights, Heated grips & seat, Bark busters, Harley 12" shocks, S.S. brake lines, oil cooler

PW50, PW80, YZ80(mine? what the??? Brrap OH...)

Most bike problems are caused by a loose nut connecting the handlebars and the seat!!

Comment

I had a visit with Brent recently. He is very good at finding stuff to suit his purpose and make it work. He has a bike with XJ handlebars mounted to the front of the frame. Instead of grips, he has pegs mounted on them.

Marty (in Mississippi)
        XS1100SG
        XS650SK
        XS650SH
        XS650G
        XS6502F
        XS650E

Comment

@ Nate - I have a set of those as well and I can attach pegs to them as well as the 3-point but the pegs are not going to be farther forward and I'd like to get them more forward. Had many leg operations 40 years ago and it's more comfortable for me to have my leg extended further out. (It's one of the very few issues I have with the Maxim-X, the pegs aren't as far away as I'd like).

@ Mindwebs - I'll check out that site, hadn't heard of it before.

@ Marty - I'm curious what the handlebars were attached to, that's a clever idea.

And thanks for the replies!

Gary
          82 XJ1100 Maxim "hurricane"- DEKA EXT18L AGM battery , NGK BPR6EIX spark plugs, Green Dyna coils, Sylvania SilverStar Ultra H4 bulb, 139 dB Stebel Nautilus air horn, Home-made K&N air filter based on an original paper filter frame, new piston rings, Barnett Clutch Springs, SS braid/Teflon brake lines, TKAT fork brace, rebuilt calipers, master cylinders, new brakes, reupholstered seat, lotsa little things and so many answered questions here.

Comment

Originally posted by KA1J View Post
            @ Nate - I have a set of those as well and I can attach pegs to them as well as the 3-point but the pegs are not going to be farther forward and I'd like to get them more forward. Had many leg operations 40 years ago and it's more comfortable for me to have my leg extended further out. (It's one of the very few issues I have with the Maxim-X, the pegs aren't as far away as I'd like).
            I am not talking about the 2 point crash guards, I am talking about the single large hoop that sits out front. The hoop sits out in front of the front frame down tubes. That sits several inches farther forward of the engine mount crash guards.
            Nathan
            KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
            K&N Filter
            #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
            OEM Exhaust
            ATK Fork Brace
            LED Dash lights
            Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
            SS Brake Lines
            Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

XJ bars w/ foot rests

@ Marty - I'm curious what the handlebars were attached to, that's a clever idea.
              Brent has them mounted on a small Honda. I think he extended the bolt through the fwd eng mount. Perhaps he'll respond to a PM the next time he gets off his bike.
              Marty (in Mississippi)
              XS1100SG
              XS650SK
              XS650SH
              XS650G
              XS6502F
              XS650E

Comment

Originally posted by jetmechmarty View Post
                Brent has them mounted on a small Honda. I think he extended the bolt through the fwd eng mount. Perhaps he'll respond to a PM the next time he gets off his bike.

Phil
                1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
                1983 XJ 650 Maxim
                2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

Working...
                X