extra brakes got the wrong ones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• extra brakes got the wrong ones

Hi all I flubbed up and brought the wrong shoes for my bike, I bought these http://www.ebay.com/itm/370811361026 They fit every xs1100 but a special lol/ as you see I paid 17.50 with free shipping, can anyone help me out and buy them from me for 15.00 and I will ship them free?

Jeff
    Bike History:1980 XS 1100 special current bike
    1980 XS 850 special wife sold

I looked at the ebay site.
    The add says it will fit an xs1100sf..... isn't that a special?
    Perhaps he can exchange them?
    I assume these pads are not the slanted right /left pads?

I have a special as well, and according to the ad on your ebay listing.
    I could have made the same mistake.

Comment

Your motorcycle is an SG. Those are the right pads for a Special.

I just checked the compatibility tool in that listing. It says those pads are not compatible with a 1980 special. But right in the listing it states it is for an SG. You should contact the seller and figure out which ones you need. They should make it right. If not, you will have to file a complaint. But the listing is contradictory, so it should be obvious to the seller he messed up.
      Last edited by tarzan; 08-04-2013, 07:09 PM.
      80 SG XS1100
      14 Victory Cross Country

Comment

They look right to me. Unless you have a Midnight Special.
        Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

The pads he needs come in a R. and a L.
          They are the angled pads that look weird and half worn out when new.

There is lots of info on this site about these unique pads and the front brakes on this model.

http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread...ont+brake+pads

Comment

pads

I tried to put them on and they were tapered, When I put them on the rotor the bolt was like a half inch off, and I went back to that ebay listing and did the drop downs and it said they are not compatible with a Special. I thought mine was a SG but its a Special. I ended up buying these http://www.ebay.com/itm/350791638724...84.m1497.l2649

Comment

Yes, they are supposed to be tapered. There is a right outer and inner and a left outer and inner. Match them with the ones you took off.

An SG is an80 Special.
              Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

and.....

I broke my brake light wire on the master cylinder to the headlight... pout if anyone has an extra........

Comment

This is the link you posted in your first post http://www.ebay.com/itm/370811361026 the second one you posted is for a Midnight Special, an LG.
                  Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

Jeff,

Go to the link I just posted. It has a lot of info on Special brakes.
                    I think it will really help you. (It did me)

If you have a 1980 special (SG) that post is tailor made for you.

In an earlier post I said that a Special is an Sf...wrong...a special is an SG.
                    I do not know who corrected, me, but thanks.
                    Last edited by 1234loft; 08-04-2013, 07:59 PM. Reason: added an address

Comment

You can get a front brake light switch from MikesXS...Part #12-0044... $6.50

http://www.mikesxs.net/products-73.html#products
                      2H7 (79)
                      3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

Originally posted by 1234loft View Post
                        Jeff,

Go to the link I just posted. It has a lot of info on Special brakes.
                        I think it will really help you. (It did me)

If you have a 1980 special (SG) that post is tailor made for you.

In an earlier post I said that a Special is an Sf...wrong...a special is an SG.
                        I do not know who corrected, me, but thanks.
                        I own 2.....................
                        Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

Thanks

Originally posted by bikerphil View Post
                          You can get a front brake light switch from MikesXS...Part #12-0044... $6.50

http://www.mikesxs.net/products-73.html#products
                          Thank you I got one yeaaaaa,

Comment

Special Sg

yea that's what I thought. SG Special, I know the first set I bought had SG on it but when I tried to put them on (side with slot on piston side blank side on tire side) the bolt was a half in off. It I took out the tire side pad it lined up with a quarter inch left. So I went to the link from my ebay and did the drop downs and it said that it didn't fit specials. I hopefully got the right ones with my next one...... and thanks for all your help all.

Comment

So the ones you took off aren't tapered?Are you sure you have the pads in the right order?
                              Last edited by tarzan; 08-05-2013, 04:06 AM.
                              80 SG XS1100
                              14 Victory Cross Country

Comment

Working...
                              X