No announcement yet.

81LH Sputters Between 5k and 6k

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll ask him. My friend is actually a salesman for the guy that does the work. I'll ask him and find out if he can do it. He typically does all kinds of units for cars, trucks, motorcycles, old and new.
    Current Ride:
    81 XS1100LH Midnight Special
    Tkat Fork-Brace
    Previously Owned:
    79 XS750 Special

Comment

I still haven't heard back from my buddy on the rebuilding issue. I'll call him again and see what he found out.
      Current Ride:
      Tkat Fork-Brace
      Previously Owned:
      79 XS750 Special

Comment

OK sorry it's taken me so long to get back to you guys about the module rebuilding stuff. Life's been crazy the last couple of weeks. The website is www.worldecm.com and my buddy Daniel "Boom Boom"Schoen is a rep for them. Their direct # is 770-406-6011. Boom Boom, spoke with his people and they say they can rebuild them. Give 'em a call and see if we can get something going.
        Current Ride:
        Tkat Fork-Brace
        Previously Owned:
        79 XS750 Special

Comment

CaptonZap on this forum is pretty proficient with the TCI boxes I believe...
          Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

just re-reading this whole thread, did you cure your mid-rpm stumble?
            1979 XS1100F
            2H9 Mod, Truck-Lite LED Headlight, TECHNA-FIT S/S Brake Lines, Rear Air Shocks, TKAT Fork Brace, Dyna DC-I Coils, TC Fuse Block, Barnett HD Clutch Springs, Superbike Handlebars, V-Star 650 ACCT, NGK Irridium Plugs, OEM Exhaust. CNC-Cut 2nd Gear Dogs; Ported/Milled Head; Modded Airbox: 8x8 Wix Panel Filter; #137.5 Main Jet, Viper Yellow Paint, Michelin Pilot Activ F/R, Interstate AGM Battery, 14MM MC, Maier Fairing, Cree LED Fog Lights.

Comment

I have not yet been able to fix my mid rpm stumble. Lubing the vacuum advance helped a little, but I'm pretty sure it's ignition related. I still ride the bike as is, but I haven't been able to give it the attention it deserves. Also, the other day I rode my bike and the #3 carb started overflowing. I pulled the bike over and tore the carbs out on the side of the road. I looked them over and stuck them back in. I didn't fix or change anything and it hasn't done it since. I'm thinking the float got stuck. The weather is starting to change here in Montana and I'm hoping to dig in a little deeper on both issues here in a month or so. We're buying a house and I really won't be able to do much until after we move.
              Current Ride:
              Tkat Fork-Brace
              Previously Owned:
              79 XS750 Special

Comment

Working...
              X