quick firing question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• quick firing question

i did the honda coil mod on my 79 only to find out the soder connections in the brain box were lose, lol. anyway im pretty sure i put the plug wires on correct. as long as coil 1 is on 1-4 and coil 2 is on 2-3, does it matter which way the plug wires are on????
    the bike runns fine now, no problems. am i being to paranoid about it??
    should coil sparkplug wire 1 be on cylinder 1 or 4, (same coil) sparkplug wire 2 be on cylinder 4 or 1
    other coil - sparkplug wire 1 be on 2 or 3, (same coil) sparkplug wire 2 be on 3 or 2. lol
    79 xs1100f- standard- $50.00 runner

If it runs, your good. The coils are interchangable. As long as you have one red/white and the orange wire on one coil, and the other red/white and the grey wire on the other coil. You have them wired correctly. Now, if you wire them up like that and the bike does not run, will not fire. Then swap the grey and orange wires.
    Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
    80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
    93 GSX600F
    80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
    81 XS1100 Special
    81 CB750 C
    80 CB750 C
    78 XS750

Comment

sorry i ment the sparkplug wires them selfs not how the coils were wired.
      like if i took sparkplug wire going to cylinder 1 and put it on cylinder 4 instead, same with cylinders 2-3. if plug wire for cylinder 3 was realy on cylinder 2.
      79 xs1100f- standard- $50.00 runner

Comment

You can switch 1+4 wires and 2+3 wires, it does not matter, it is a wasted spark system, they both fire at the same time.
        2H7 (79)
        3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

Originally posted by bikerphil View Post
          you can switch 1+4 wires and 2+3 wires, it does not matter, it is a wasted spark system, they both fire at the same time.
          +1.................
          Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

In fact, you might want to exchange them every so often, since the ionization that takes place when the spark happens just takes a few molecules with it when it goes. And since the polarity of the coil doesn't change, the electron flow is always one way, and the starting point on one plug is the ending point on the other, and the erosion of the two plugs is opposite to each other. (The center electrode erodes more on one, and the outer electrode erodes more on the other.
            Swapping leads will even things out. Every 10,000 miles.

Every 10,000 miles.

CZ

Comment

Sorry if I mis-read your post, as stated, yep, both plugs fire at once. So it makes no difference which wire goes to which or the two plugs for each coil.
              Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
              80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
              93 GSX600F
              80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
              81 XS1100 Special
              81 CB750 C
              80 CB750 C
              78 XS750

Comment

cool thanx guys, i feel better now
                no prob dgxser, i couldve worded it better. thanx anyhow