xj battery sensor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• xj battery sensor

Can anyone tell me if the battery sensor is still available? the little thing that actually goes in the battery? I read the fix on this but i'd rather fix it proper,as my battery has the hole in it for the sensor.Thanks in advance.
    1982 XJ 1100
    going strong after 60,000 miles

The new and not yet improved TRIXY
    now in the stable. 1982 xj11, 18,000miles

sensor

i should have an extra one, i'll look around the shop tomorrow.

Comment

Part number is 5G2-82120-00-00. Call your dealer and see if it is still available.
      Jerry Fields
      '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
      '06 Concours
      My Galleries Page.
      My Blog Page.
      "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

sensor

i found one that should work for you. most new batteries should come with a new sensor. if you want it send me an addy and i'll drop it in an envelope and send it your way.

Comment

Sensor

I installed a lawn mower battery in my trunk on my venture and hooked my sensor up to my auxillary power with a resister. Seems to work fine does anyone know if thats ok or am i liable to cook my wiring harness. Im not very good at electrical so im a little concerned. The bike starts even in the cold now and the battery was $28.00 as opposed to $120.00, plus they last a lot longer. I added a lot of stuff to drain power so i think this upgrade should help. Any in put would be appreciated, good ,bad, or ugly TIA...................MITCH
          Doug Mitchell
          82 XJ1100 sold
          2006 Suzuki C90 SE 1500 CC Cruiser sold
          2007 Stratoliner 1900 sold
          1999 Honda Valkyrie interstate
          47 years riding and still learning, does that make me a slow learner?

Comment

Now that I'ld like to see..... battery in the trunk!

I've been running the battery sensor by-pass (through a resistor) for better than 30K miles with no problems. AGM battery I'm running has no place for the sensor. Rather than run power for the resistor from the aux power I tied it into the tail light circuit, only on when the switch is on and circuit is voltage regulated.
            Jerry Fields
            '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
            '06 Concours
            My Galleries Page.
            My Blog Page.
            "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

I don't have anything constructive to add but back when these bikes were new the most common problem was the stupid sensors would falsely report problems. The worst one was the front brake fluid sensor.

When the bikes were out of warrantee, we’d offer the customer to either buy a new sensor or have us bypass it. When they saw the price of the sensors, most opted for the bypass option.

{smarta$$ mode off}

Geezer
              Hi my name is Tony and I'm a bikeoholic.

The old gray biker ain't what he used to be.

Comment

Working...
              X