New Member - Upper Michigan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Member - Upper Michigan

Good day! Just picked up a XS100SF, very nice, has a couple small fixes, but runs and rides nice!!!! I need to figure out how to add a picture to the forums. Anyway, good to be back in the saddle again!!!

Mark

Sf

Originally posted by mtomlin56 View Post
    Good day! Just picked up a XS100SF, very nice, has a couple small fixes, but runs and rides nice!!!! I need to figure out how to add a picture to the forums. Anyway, good to be back in the saddle again!!!

Mark
    Hi Mark !

To have my SF back again !!!!!

Pictures can be loaded to photo bucket and then place the link here. Still have not figured how to make the photo appear here ?

Welcome ! Done };~)
    76 XS650 C ROADSTER
    80 XS650 G Special II
    https://ibb.co/album/icbGgF
    80 XS 1100 SG
    81 XS 1100LH/SH DARKHORSE
    https://tinyurl.com/k6nzvtw
    AKA; Don'e, UD, Unca Don'e

Comment

Originally posted by donebysunday View Post
      Hi Mark !

To have my SF back again !!!!!

Pictures can be loaded to photo bucket and then place the link here. Still have not figured how to make the photo appear here ?

Welcome ! Done };~)
      Copy and paste the [IMG] Code.

Wecome to the form!
      '79 XS11 F
      Stock except K&N

'79 XS11 SF
      Stock, no title.

'84 Chevy K-10 "Big Blue"
      GM 350, Muncie SM465, NP208, GM 10 Bolt with 3.42gears turnin 31x10.5 Baja Claws

"What they do have is an implacable, unrelenting presence and movement that bespeaks massive power lurking behind paint and chrome. They don't wail like a screeching ninja, the don't rumble like a harley. They just growl like a spactic, stressed out badger waiting to rip your face off and eat your soul." Trainzz~RIP~

Comment

Photos

Trying to load image ... http://i1330.photobucket.com/albums/...pse6c1a550.jpg
        Last edited by mtomlin56; 07-06-2013, 08:23 AM.

Comment

One more try

Ok, think I understand ...

Comment

Very sweet looking SF!! Looks like it has the Goldwing bars, and nice set of Jardine Spaghetti pipes. Not sure why the Gators were put on, bike looks to pristine to need to cover the upper forks. I do like the highway boards.

Again, very nice bike!!
            Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
            80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
            93 GSX600F
            80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
            81 XS1100 Special
            81 CB750 C
            80 CB750 C
            78 XS750

Comment

Ty

Thanks, I picked it up fully functional (needs a back tire) for $750, I thought it was a good deal for both of us. Not sure the going rate for this model, but I would guess low end of around $1500, upper end around $2500. I'm content with the price.

My legs are short, so this is about the largest bike I can manage. It sure has a lot of soul, great pick up, but, before a long trip (planning for next year) I would like to rebuild the petcocks, have the dealer rebuild the carbs (may not need it) and the rear tire. That should give it a good shakedown before a long trip. Feels good to be back on the road, missed it the past 10 years. Would rock to get a side car.

Comment

Nice!

Welcome! Nice looking scoot! I am sure others will agree, you can do those carbs yourself. There is plenty of info here, and even more help. Most dealers won't know where to begin on these bikes.

Enjoy!

Ernie
                1979 XS110F, Stock
                1980 XS1100G, Mostly Stock, gifted to my son.
                2000 YZ 250, Sold
                2002 YZ125, Sold
                2009 Royal Star Venture
                '94 Pontiac Trans Am, 25th Anniversary, For Sale

Ernie

Comment

Hi and welcome, Yooper , Aug 10th theres a rally in Hayward, Wisc. if you can make it. Detail are posted in the section below. Good luck with your bike.
                  81 H

Comment

Rally

Thanks for the offer Haywardguy929, but I think I need more time to get the bike in shape for a rally. I hope to hit a bunch next year for sure. I hope to get enough gear to camp and travel comfortably. I think I'll try to recover the seat also.

Comment

Originally posted by mtomlin56 View Post
                      Thanks, I picked it up fully functional (needs a back tire) for $750, I thought it was a good deal for both of us. Not sure the going rate for this model, but I would guess low end of around $1500, upper end around $2500. I'm content with the price.

My legs are short, so this is about the largest bike I can manage. It sure has a lot of soul, great pick up, but, before a long trip (planning for next year) I would like to rebuild the petcocks, have the dealer rebuild the carbs (may not need it) and the rear tire. That should give it a good shakedown before a long trip. Feels good to be back on the road, missed it the past 10 years. Would rock to get a side car.
                      Hi Mark and welcome,
                      Do NOT have a dealer rebuild your carbs.
                      Neither he nor his teenage pseudo-mechanic know squat about them.
                      Scroll down to the tech section to see how to fix them yourself.
                      Scroll down further to see how I put a sidecar on my XS11SG.
                      Fred Hill, S'toon
                      XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
                      "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

Welcome. Nice SF. I'm on the short side too. Used Virago 1100 shocks to get my feet on the ground. Enjoy her.
                        Keep the shiny side up
                        1979 XS1100SF
                        Mac 4-1
                        Drilled airbox Uni filter
                        Vmax bars
                        Virago 1" shorter shocks
                        30K miles
                        http://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/...429_135845.jpg
                        1981XS1100SH
                        '80 G Forks and Triple Tree
                        '80 G tank
                        Mac Turnouts
                        Virago 1" shorter rear shocks
                        SH Headlight
                        http://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/...psd6adaae1.jpg
                        61 Wife
                        83 Son
                        86 Son
                        89 Daughter

Comment

Welcome another Michigander!
                          Nick

1979 XS11 F,Yamaha fairings w/hard bags, TC's fuse box, K&N air filter

1982 Virago 750 (it's alive!)

1979 XS 11 F, Windjammer IV, Samsonite luggage cases(another rescue)

Comment

Working...
                          X