No announcement yet.

ride-on brand tire sealant (not slime)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ride-on brand tire sealant (not slime)

if anybody has used ride-on has it proven to be effective for either balancing the tires or flat prevention? thanks

Originally posted by 650mark View Post
    if anybody has used ride-on has it proven to be effective for either balancing the tires or flat prevention? thanks
    Yes, both and it works and doesn't make a mess, wipes out with a wet rag. Alot of bike shops have gone to this in the last couple years instead of the spin balancers. Some riders still use the beads, but the problem with that is having the CORRECT amount for THAT tire size. Kinda becomes a guess. Saw RideON demo, a few years back live at a dealership. Several nails in a 2x10 and bike was rode across length of board putting several holes in each tire. Coming off board and pressures checked showed a 2lb. loss of air in each tire. Was just my observation. Hope that helps.
    81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Originally posted by 650mark View Post
      I removed the stick on weights installed Ride-On last year when I changed tires. I can't speak for the puncture sealing but the balance is dead on. Actually ran into the Ride-On rep yesterday at the Penticton dealer and remarked to her how impressed I was with the product. Dealer then bought a case - I'm waiting for my commission cheque any day now.
      1980 XS 1100 Special
      Mostly stock & original
      Added Yamaha fairing (w/ 8-track!)
      Torpedo bags
      New paint (still) pending
      Stainless brake lines
      Tkat forkbrace
      Coils from Honda 1000

Previous bikes:
      1968(?) 350 Harley Davidson
      1977 Yamaha 650

Comment