Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replacement fuse boxes

hi everyone.
    just replaced my fuse box on the old girl.budget constrants made for hard to find inexspensive replacement. but i did find a replacement. I found it at o-reillys for less than 5.00 bucks.althought it does take glass fuses.but it was a nice fit in o.e fuse panel with slight trimming.even used o.e cover for fuse box. I did solder connections to make for better connection. they also carry same fuse panel at advanced auto. it does hold only 4 fuses.hope this helps some of us on tight budgets.
    when you want something bad enough, don't let anything stand in your way, and don't take "no" for an answer. EVER

graybird78
    80 sg (old faithfull)

I found something like that at a nearby auto store.The only thing that has kept me from getting it is the lack of a cover.I have 2 fuse holders I have been meaning to replace for a while.That is a good deal,will get around to it when the weather decides to warmup again.
    Bill Harvell

Comment

Hey there WildBill,

I found a 5 fuse holder at Pep Boys for about $15.00, it has it's own clear case/cover and holds solid flat fuses. You don't want to go back with GLASS ones do you!? The only drawback to the one I found was that the max fuse was 15amp, and the turn signals are rated for 20.....go figure. However, since I replaced all of mine with LED's and use electronic flasher instead of thermal, I was able to use a 15A with no trouble and no worries about a meltdown!!!

It looks very similar to the ones in the tech tips! I can send you a picture if you want!?
      T.C.
      T. C. Gresham
      81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
      79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
      History shows again and again,
      How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

TC,I know what you mean.I`am bit by bit switching the fuses over to the flat type.The glass type can be hard to find sometimes.The bad thing around here,where I live at is there is no pep boys .I do know the owners of a local auto parts store where I do business if you want send me a picture and the part number{if you still have it}and I will get him to look it up for me.It`s worth a try.Thanks
        Bill Harvell

Comment

fuse boxes

hi to all.
          I searched all over here where i live to no avail. even went to all the auto parts stores no pep boys though.was told every time they didn't carry or could they get what i wanted. so to fix my fuse box woes i settled on the glass one till i can afford a nice flat blade style like in j.c.whimpy. wife not working right now want to get bike up and running. old fuse box dealt me fits. the new box fit inside my old cover with some trimming to fit so worked out nice for me.
          when you want something bad enough, don't let anything stand in your way, and don't take "no" for an answer. EVER

graybird78
          80 sg (old faithfull)

Comment

What I have been doing is buying blade type fuse holders as I go along.I will sooner or later have all the fuses switched over.I have a different starter seclinode mounted in about the same spot as the original fuse box would have been mounted.I will get them straightened out,no problem just takes time.Now to do the accessiory fuse.Thats on down the road though. Good luck.
            Bill Harvell

Comment

Re: fuse boxes

Originally posted by graybird78
              hi to all.
              I searched all over here where i live to no avail. even went to all the auto parts stores no pep boys though.was told every time they didn't carry or could they get what i wanted. so to fix my fuse box woes i settled on the glass one till i can afford a nice flat blade style like in j.c.whimpy. wife not working right now want to get bike up and running. old fuse box dealt me fits. the new box fit inside my old cover with some trimming to fit so worked out nice for me.
              Hi,you might not want to try this right now but it is worth a look.Check out the poorboy fuse fix.Uses female connecters that fits the hookups on blade fuses.Somebody had tryed to fix the fuses on my bike.I managed to fix all except the accessory fuse.Found one wire that was ready to break,fixed it while I was into it.Now I have to organize my rat nest .Getting there.
              Bill Harvell

Comment

Got a four fuse glass hoder at radio shack that when installed fits under the standard cover. Looks and works great.
                There's always a way, figure it out.
                78XS11E

Comment

I do not have is handy, but what you need is Indy Rick's email adress. he make custom, fuse panels out of aluminum with new fuse boxes installed, the modern fuse kind.
                  Ask around, someone on the forum knows his email adress.
                  Bill Woods
                  1981 Yamaha XS1100SH (Eleven Special)
                  1985 Kawasuki GS425 Mojave ATV
                  2006 Yamaha Wolverine 450 4x4 ATV

Comment

Would in a second if i could afford it .bike needs other things done .

graybird78
                    80 sg (old faithfull)

Comment

Working...
                    X