Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Airbox boot pod filter mount. Help needed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airbox boot pod filter mount. Help needed.

I want to try to use my air box boots as mounts for pod filters as shown in in one of the modification forums here, but not sure what size filters to use. Can anyone help me? I don't have access to my bike right now so cannot take measurements. I have an 82 xj1100. I have no idea what size filters I need. I want to order them now so I will have them ready when I get the bike back. If you know what i need please let me know. Thanks.
    82 XJ11

Also are the K&N filters worth the extra money? The price difference between them and most of the other similar looking filters is pretty large. I want the best but $190 for 4 air filters seems steep to say the least...
    82 XJ11

Comment

I don't know about the size but if you have the air box then you can measure them easily.

As far as the K&N filters, I feel they are like Harley's, overpriced (not a knock on Harley's cause I like them). Look at the ones from Mikes XS. they are K&N knockoffs and work very well for half the price.

Mike Giroir
      79 XS-1100 Special

Once you un-can a can of worms, the only way to re-can them is with a bigger can.

Comment

Thanks. I haven't had access to my bike, otherwise I would take the measurements myself. I'll figure it out. Figured as much on the filters, although you'd think there has to be something special about them for there to be such a major price gap...
        82 XJ11

Comment

Originally posted by xjeleven87 View Post
          Thanks. I haven't had access to my bike, otherwise I would take the measurements myself. I'll figure it out. Figured as much on the filters, although you'd think there has to be something special about them for there to be such a major price gap...
          Quality of materials used is going to be better on the k&n, and there warranty service is great!

It has been reported that the chrome caps on the mikes xs filter has a tendancy to fall off as well.

At $190 I think you need to shop around some, you can find them cheaper than that!
          Nathan
          KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
          K&N Filter
          #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
          OEM Exhaust
          ATK Fork Brace
          LED Dash lights
          Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
          SS Brake Lines
          Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Mine were $104 from amazon. I agree with Nate, you will not find a better warranty any where.
            2-79 XS1100 SF
            2-78 XS1100 E Best bike Ever
            80 XS 1100 SG Big bore kit but not fully running yet.
            Couple of more parts bikes of which 2 more will live!

Comment

Working...
            X