FJ1100 Fork Details

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FJ1100 Fork Details

I just bought a new front tire and would hate to let it go to waste but I am looking into putting the fj front fork on my 79xs1100 special. My question is what parts from my xs1100 front end are still going to be usable? i.e discs,caliper,wheel and rim.
    The devil is in the details.
    79 SF

Originally posted by bobobaggins View Post
    http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread...ht=fj1100+fork
    2H7 (79)
    3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

Originally posted by bobobaggins View Post
      I just bought a new front tire and would hate to let it go to waste but I am looking into putting the fj front fork on my 79xs1100 special. My question is what parts from my xs1100 front end are still going to be usable? i.e discs,caliper,wheel and rim.
      You can use your XS wheel but need to use an axle from a Ninja IIRC. Custom brackets are needed to fix the XS caliper to the FJ lower if using the XS wheel. Its all well documented in this thread...

http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread...ork+conversion

You might want to read through this so you know what is involved. The largest issue is you have to use the FJ tripple trees and they are further apart than thr XS trees so to take up the extra space you have to do some magic.
      '79 XS11 F
      Stock except K&N

'79 XS11 SF
      Stock, no title.

'84 Chevy K-10 "Big Blue"
      GM 350, Muncie SM465, NP208, GM 10 Bolt with 3.42gears turnin 31x10.5 Baja Claws

"What they do have is an implacable, unrelenting presence and movement that bespeaks massive power lurking behind paint and chrome. They don't wail like a screeching ninja, the don't rumble like a harley. They just growl like a spactic, stressed out badger waiting to rip your face off and eat your soul." Trainzz~RIP~

Comment

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge kind sirs. My forum search jedi skills are sure to evolve.
        Cheers
        79 SF

Comment

One of these days the lazy-a$$ed moderator will finish his FJ fork conversion too, post the pics, then condense that whole thread down into a tech tip.....

Do make sure you read the whole thread, as there's numerous alternatives in there.
          Fast, Cheap, Reliable... Pick any two

'78E original owner - resto project
          '78E ???? owner - Modder project FJ forks, 4-piston calipers F/R, 160/80-16 rear tire
          '82 XJ rebuild project
          '80SG restified, red SOLD
          '79F parts...
          '81H more parts...

Other current bikes:
          '93 XL1200 Anniversary Sportster 85RWHP
          '86 XL883/1200 Chopper
          '82 XL1000 w/1450cc Buell, Baker 6-speed, in-progress project
          Cage: '13 Mustang GT/CS with a few 'custom' touches
          Yep, can't leave nuthin' alone...

Comment

Working...