No announcement yet.

barnett clutch springs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well XJkid, that is what I am doing. I decided not to take the basket off. I am going to try the springs first, I only have to torque them now, I don't have a small torque wrench, I will try to find one today. My bike doesn't have many miles and don't slip much anyway so I am going to just try the springs. It only took a few minutes to do that part anyway (well, not very long at all), so if it don't work, i'll go back in. Thanks guys.
    Jeff
    77 XS750 2D completely stock
    79 SF XS1100 "Picky" stock with harley mufflers

Comment

Got the springs in and NO slip! The bike pulls great. I hit the on ramp and opened it up and was over 100 quick. I am not a crazy rider, I just ride normal but I did open it up and it was there so quick. I love this bike. Everything is now fixed but the tach and it needs paint. Guess I'll see the guys at xseast. I wonder how many will be there on their xs? Thanks all you guys.
      Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by jjz28 View Post
        Got the springs in and NO slip! The bike pulls great. I hit the on ramp and opened it up and was over 100 quick. I am not a crazy rider, I just ride normal but I did open it up and it was there so quick. I love this bike. Everything is now fixed but the tach and it needs paint. Guess I'll see the guys at xseast. I wonder how many will be there on their xs? Thanks all you guys.
        Nice man, double check your ground connections and clean them up. That might take care of your tach issue. Just do a search there is a lot of info on them.
        '79 XS11 F
        Stock except K&N

'79 XS11 SF
        Stock, no title.

'84 Chevy K-10 "Big Blue"
        GM 350, Muncie SM465, NP208, GM 10 Bolt with 3.42gears turnin 31x10.5 Baja Claws

"What they do have is an implacable, unrelenting presence and movement that bespeaks massive power lurking behind paint and chrome. They don't wail like a screeching ninja, the don't rumble like a harley. They just growl like a spactic, stressed out badger waiting to rip your face off and eat your soul." Trainzz~RIP~

Comment

I just bought another tach, but the price was very good $35. I haven't checked the grounds yet. I told my wife that I bet the new tach wont work either cause its probably an issue with my bike but at least I will have another tach.
          Jeff

Comment

I bet your wire connection clip is no good behind the fuse panel... That is where it gets its signal.
            Skids (Sid Hansen)

Down to one 1978 E. Stock air box with K&N filter, 81H pipes and carbs, 8500 feet elevation.

Comment

Clutch

You are likely already doing this, but I will mention it anyway. Make sure to use the correct engine oil for your bike - oil for "wet clutch" applications.

MP
              1981 XS1100H Venturer
              K&N Air Filter
              ACCT
              Custom Paint by Deitz
              Geezer Rectifier/Regulator
              Chacal Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines
              Chrome Front Rotor & Caliper Covers
              Stebel Nautilus Horn
              EBC Front Rotors
              Limie Accent Moves On In 2015

Mike