Fork Brace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fork Brace

yippee - just (finally) ordered a Tkat brace for my SG.. Recently got a big improvement by replacing the fork seals so this should finish things off nicely. Got a great twisty road in mind for a test run!
    1980 XS 1100 Special
    Mostly stock & original
    Added Yamaha fairing (w/ 8-track!)
    Torpedo bags
    New paint (still) pending
    Stainless brake lines
    Tkat forkbrace
    Coils from Honda 1000

Previous bikes:
    1968(?) 350 Harley Davidson
    1977 Yamaha 650

Make sure you post back your results! I'll probably get it in my budget for one later in the season.
    82J · 81SH · 79SF Fire Damage · 78E · 79F Parts Bike · 04 Buell Blast
    Website/Blog

Comment

Originally posted by barrelguy View Post
      yippee - just (finally) ordered a Tkat brace for my SG.. Recently got a big improvement by replacing the fork seals so this should finish things off nicely. Got a great twisty road in mind for a test run!
      .......just be careful of that first left or right slow turn.......trust me, you'll find what I mean. Just for grins, while bike is on centerstand prior to installing the brace, grab one bar end and jerk back and forth watching how the wheel/fender don't follow the shake pattern.......then do the same with brace on. This ties the fork tube cyl. together acting as one since there was previously no support between the axle mount and the lower tripple clamp. Also will reduce front tire cupping as long as there is no underinflation issue.
      81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

for brace

I also just installed a tkat fork brace onto my '80 special. for me so far the jury is still out on this change but this morning I rode to meet some friends, took a very familiar route with a big expansion crack right in the middle of a sharp left turn and the bike handled it noticeably better than without the brace. going for another ride this afternoon to try it out on some other poor quality curves here in the phoenix area. i'm not crazy about the way this brace looks unfinished so I've painted mine gloss black and it now just about disappears on the bike. I think it's a big improvement.

Comment

Originally posted by barrelguy View Post
          had mine installed by an old Yamaha mechanic he says it was one of the finest pieces he had ever seen as for me with the sidecar it really improved my front end ,,,ride safe ,,slow mo!
          The Belfast Express {1980 xs11oo special/TC fuse box/mikes xs pods/bad boy horn!/mikes green coils/mac 4 into 2 exhaust/ standard bars/vetter fairing c/w ipod CD iphone am/fm radio/tkat fork brace ,,,tuned by tinman
          moemcnally@hotmail.com
          i AM THE KING OF NOTHING

the people here are great , doesn't matter about the bike really/hamjam ////

Comment

Working...
          X