Middle Gear Boot Clamps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Middle Gear Boot Clamps

I cannot find the "clamps" on partzilla for this http://www.partzilla.com/parts/detai...189-00-00.html

Does anyone have a link to where to get the metal spring looking things to secure the boot as mine are completely rusted out?
    79 SF 3H3 Engine, 145/45 Mikuni Jets, El Cheapo Pod Filter Mod w/ EMGO Pods, Coil Repower w/ Dyna Coils, Accell Wires and Side Gapped Plugs, 78 Mech Advance, 4-2 Turnouts

They are still available...

http://www.partzilla.com/parts/searc...CKS/parts.html
    2H7 (79)
    3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

Don't know if anybody has suggested this before, but, dryer vent clamps, they come in various sizes, can be had at most stores, are thin like the original clamps and are....CHEAP! They come in screw clamp style like the original clamp, not just the squeeze type

81 XS1100H

Comment

It shows the springs are available...?

Numbers 9 and 10 on the diagram, right?

When you check out, add the promotional code "meetsister" for a 5% discount.
        82J · 81SH · 79SF Fire Damage · 78E · 79F Parts Bike · 04 Buell Blast
        Website/Blog

Comment

Not directly related, but I found a way to install the springs that works well.

Drape new spring over boot. Take a foot of a thin piece of wire, similar to picture frame wire, and put it through the 2 small loops that are on the ends of the spring. Cross the ends of the wire and pull. (The wire forms an "X".) As you pull the two ends of the spring come closer and closer together. Tug and pull the wire until you can hook one loop with the other. Drop one end of the wire and pull it out. Takes very little time and works better than any other approach I have tried.

Good luck.
          Jerry Fields
          '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
          '06 Concours
          My Galleries Page.
          My Blog Page.
          "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

Working...
          X