Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello Everyone ! :) I have a weird carb problem, seeking knowledge :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello Everyone ! :) I have a weird carb problem, seeking knowledge :)

lol,

I have an 80 XS1100, G model, 4 carbs, the #1 and # 2 carbs butterflies are sticking so badly it cant be moved without a screw driver..

When I got the bike it was sitting for a few years, so I took off the carbs and took them completely down to aluminum, all jets, etc taken off..

It wasn't terribly bad in there, the bowls had some crud, low speed jets totally clogged with dirt rust, main jet same.. Submerged Carb in Cleaner Overnight..

I put it all back together and tried the carbs, carbs 1 and 2 were still stuck, I started working #1 and it popped open
    tried same with # 2 and no luck/....

So, 3 work smoothly, 1 butterfly is sticking..

Anything I can do ?? Does anyone have a single for sale ?

Johnny V.
    Last edited by webman64; 04-18-2013, 12:48 PM.

Problem fixed,, they finally let go just minutes ago ! Delayed reaction on the carb cleaner! lol

Thanks,

JV

Comment

Originally posted by webman64 View Post
      Problem fixed,, they finally let go just minutes ago ! Delayed reaction on the carb cleaner! lol

Thanks,

JV
      Depending on the carb cleaner you used it may have swollen the butterfly shaft seals, Drying out for a while may shrunk and released.
      This snake oil I've been using Slick 50 ONE Lube works great on anything that moves, just as good as Tri Flow and 1/3 the $ !
      76 XS650 C ROADSTER
      80 XS650 G Special II
      https://ibb.co/album/icbGgF
      80 XS 1100 SG
      81 XS 1100LH/SH DARKHORSE
      https://tinyurl.com/k6nzvtw
      AKA; Don'e, UD, Unca Don'e

Comment

Mineral spirits seems to "shrink" rubber that has swollen due to carb cleaner.
        Skids (Sid Hansen)

Down to one 1978 E. Stock air box with K&N filter, 81H pipes and carbs, 8500 feet elevation.

Comment

Working...
        X