My before and after picture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My before and after picture

I made little changes on my bike. This summer I might get a better seat or better headlight. The bike is running great with a straight exhaust tip

Looks good. I like it better the way you've done it now.
    Bone stock 1980 Special except for the exhaust and crashbars. Oh yeah, and the scabbard for the Winchester Defender.

Comment

nice looking bike!
      1979 XS1100 Special. Nicely modified.
      1977 KZ1000 needs everything!
      1971 CB750 Nice Restomod Completed
      1972 CB750 Got it going after 30 years. Getting turned into a old school bobber. Working on a title.

SOLD-1981 XS1100H What got me on this site.
      1980ish virago 535. Room mate left it for rent money. lol.
      1980 XS850 almost stock 20k miles.
      1979 XS750 Parts bike no title.
      1979 XS750 Cafe running,someone else can enjoy it.
      RIP-1980 XS850

Comment

Looks great in all black. Well done.
        Nate

78 XS11 "Matilda" 2H7 000364

2001 Raptor ACCT, T.C. Fuse Box, TC Bros Forward Controls
        Kuryakyn Iso Grips/Throttleboss/Bar End Mirror, Custom Covered Seat
        Shinko 712s, HID Headlight, RC Performance Exhaust
        Bikemaster Daytona Handlebars, Galfer SS Brake Lines
        Barnett HD Clutch Springs, T.C. Spin On Filter Adapter
        K+N Air Filter

88 Voyager XII
        81 XJ650 Maxim

Comment

Originally posted by JCHarth View Post
          I made little changes on my bike. This summer I might get a better seat or better headlight. The bike is running great with a straight exhaust tip
          More pics please ! Love it ! That standard tank a straight up swap for the special ?
          That seat is like what I had on my 79 back in 79-86 got me in trouble when hot rod loving girl pulled me back on the seat to WFO, third gear was when I was able to pull the both of us back up to bring the front down, front touches down at just under 100 mph. good thing the lights were green, downtown NW side of Milwaukee, Wi. 35 mph. limit.
          76 XS650 C ROADSTER
          80 XS650 G Special II
          https://ibb.co/album/icbGgF
          80 XS 1100 SG
          81 XS 1100LH/SH DARKHORSE
          https://tinyurl.com/k6nzvtw
          AKA; Don'e, UD, Unca Don'e

Comment

Very nicely done!
            1980 XS1100 SG
            Inline fuel filters
            New wires in old coils-outer spark plugs
            160 mph speedometer mod
            Kerker Exhaust
            xschop K & N air filter setup
            Dynojet Recalibration kit
            1999 Kawasaki ZRX1100
            1997 Jeep Cherokee 4.5"lift installed

Comment

Thanks, The bike is a std. I like the special tank better but dont know if it can be swapped. I put a drag bar with 1" extension tips, 83 xj750 headlight, change the brake light with one I made with autozone parts, bar raizers to make room for the dragbar, I put back the center stand, new round mirrors from ebay and a speedometer mounted with aluminum bars from homedepot.

Comment

Thanks, The bike is a std. I like the special tank better but dont know if it can be swapped. I put a drag bar with 1" extension tips, 83 xj750 headlight, change the brake light with one I made with autozone parts, bar raizers to make room for the dragbar, I put back the center stand, new round mirrors from ebay and a speedometer mounted with aluminum bars from homedepot.
                You are good !!!!! Can you teach as well as do ? I need to get some lessons in making do with what can be found in the hood
                76 XS650 C ROADSTER
                80 XS650 G Special II
                https://ibb.co/album/icbGgF
                80 XS 1100 SG
                81 XS 1100LH/SH DARKHORSE
                https://tinyurl.com/k6nzvtw
                AKA; Don'e, UD, Unca Don'e

Comment

Tank swap

Thanks, The bike is a std. I like the special tank better but don't know if it can be swapped. - - -
                  Hi Joe, Don,
                  yes, the tanks will swap. Note that the Special tank is a gallon smaller!
                  Swap must be complete; tank+filler+taps; because those parts don't swap between tanks.
                  The fuel warning sender is a problem.
                  Standard's sender is a rheostat and won't work the Special's red low fuel warning light.
                  Special's sender is a thermistor and won't work the Standard's fuel gauge.
                  Senders mounting holes are identical but are on different sides of the tank tunnel.
                  Swapping the thermistor into the Standard tank involves pointing it t'other way so it'll work right.
                  Although the mount is identical I don't think the Standard's rheostat sender mechanism will fit inside the Special tank.
                  Give it a try.
                  If not, keep the thermistor and install a red light on the bars.
                  The Special's seat pan may or may not need ~1/2" cropped off the front to clear the Standard tank; depends on the seat.
                  Fred Hill, S'toon
                  XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
                  "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

this is the handlebar
                    http://www.fastmamajama.com/images/xs11bars.jpg

Comment

if you like, i am looking for a standard tank, and i have a spare special tank. any chance you would want to trade?
                      1979 xs special, just finished the top end rebuild and then i still have lots of work.
                      progress thus far...
                      http://s1268.photobucket.com/albums/...t=IMAG0202.jpg

"If it runs bad, it's usually the carbs. If the tires go flat, I suspect the carbs. If the wind blows the bike over, the carbs were probably to blame. If my wife yells at me about something, I tell her to talk to the carbs" -Incubus

Comment

Thanks for the offer but my tank is holding really good for 30 years. The tank that came with the bike had rust and it was dripping gas.

Comment

Nice job! The Maier fairing you removed has some $$ value. Brand new they are near $200!!

Comment

No problem man, just thought you may want. Special tank.
                            1979 xs special, just finished the top end rebuild and then i still have lots of work.
                            progress thus far...
                            http://s1268.photobucket.com/albums/...t=IMAG0202.jpg

"If it runs bad, it's usually the carbs. If the tires go flat, I suspect the carbs. If the wind blows the bike over, the carbs were probably to blame. If my wife yells at me about something, I tell her to talk to the carbs" -Incubus

Comment

Looks great. Can't beat black.
                              81H Venture - hope to ride summer 2013
                              79F Cafe Racer at Some Point;
                              68 CB175 Sloper - Cafe Racer
                              74 KZ400 - Restoration project nightmare
                              62 BSA Super Rocket - In Pieces
                              72 CB100 Super Sport - Not super or sporty but fun

Comment

Working...
                              X