Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello Everyone !!:) Could someone help me with an answer ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello Everyone !!:) Could someone help me with an answer ?

I have a 1980 XS Eleven Special.. I am not sure what model it is since there are SOOOOO Many..

Anyway, I am wondering if the seat from a XS650 would fit an XS1100 ?

My bike is an 1100 and seems to have the high queen seat on it..

What I am asking is I guess, is which seats are compatible with my bike and what years fit it ?

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated !!

P.S. ALso looking for Parts for Same !!

Thanks !

Johnny V.
    Last edited by webman64; 04-04-2013, 04:36 PM. Reason: looked badly

You answered your own question; it's an xs1100SG special if it's an '80. It will not take an XS650 seat unfortunately without a lot of cutting and welding. I'm sure others with more knowledge than me will chime in here.
    Bone stock 1980 Special except for the exhaust and crashbars. Oh yeah, and the scabbard for the Winchester Defender.

Comment

Hi Johnny !
      XS650 will not swap.
      We need to know what model you have, does it have round headlight and round speedo and tach ?
      Or are they square/rectangular ?
      Welcome !
      Don };~)
      76 XS650 C ROADSTER
      80 XS650 G Special II
      https://ibb.co/album/icbGgF
      80 XS 1100 SG
      81 XS 1100LH/SH DARKHORSE
      https://tinyurl.com/k6nzvtw
      AKA; Don'e, UD, Unca Don'e

Comment

Like I said in your parts wanted post l, VIN is the only definitive way to tell what model you have. There are even 2 different special models in '80.
        Nathan
        KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
        K&N Filter
        #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
        OEM Exhaust
        ATK Fork Brace
        LED Dash lights
        Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
        SS Brake Lines
        Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by natemoen View Post
          Like I said in your parts wanted post l, VIN is the only definitive way to tell what model you have. There are even 2 different special models in '80.
          Nate, now you're educating me! 2 different models??? Are you thinking regular special and MS?? If not, fill me in.
          Bone stock 1980 Special except for the exhaust and crashbars. Oh yeah, and the scabbard for the Winchester Defender.

Comment

Yeah, The Special and the Midnight Special
            Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

If you have a Special like you think, the VIN will start with 3J6. If so, then you
              Will want as seat from an XS1100 Special model. Either the 80 or 81 Special or Midnight Specials.
              Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
              80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
              93 GSX600F
              80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
              81 XS1100 Special
              81 CB750 C
              80 CB750 C
              78 XS750

Comment

Originally posted by Courtney View Post
                Nate, now you're educating me! 2 different models??? Are you thinking regular special and MS?? If not, fill me in.
                Yeah, I was talking the MNS.
                Nathan
                KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
                K&N Filter
                #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
                OEM Exhaust
                ATK Fork Brace
                LED Dash lights
                Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
                SS Brake Lines
                Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by webman64 View Post
                  I have a 1980 XS Eleven Special.. I am not sure what model it is since there are SOOOOO Many..
                  Anyway, I am wondering if the seat from a XS650 would fit an XS1100 ?
                  My bike is an 1100 and seems to have the high queen seat on it..
                  What I am asking is I guess, is which seats are compatible with my bike and what years fit it ?
                  Any and all help would be greatly appreciated !!
                  P.S. ALso looking for Parts for Same !!
                  Thanks !
                  Johnny V.
                  Hi Johnny,
                  I tried a spare XS650 seat on my XS11SG because it also came with a double ugly K/Q/Hiback seat on it and no effin' way an XS650 seat will fit.
                  The only seat that'll bolt right on is one off an XS11SG or it's Midnight Special variant, the XS11LG.
                  I suppose the seat off an XS11SF would fit but you'd have to cut a window in the seat pan & cut a pocket the seat foam to clear the SG's ignition module.
                  It took me 2 years to find a normal seat for my SG. Meantime you could rebuild ol' double ugly by cutting off the hiback and welding a plate over to reshape it, reshaping the foam and putting a Saddlemens cover on it.
                  Scroll down to XS/XJ parts for sale and see what's on offer.
                  Fred Hill, S'toon
                  XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
                  "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

I seem to remember,someone on here putting a sportster seat on with only minor fab work.I may be wrong,but I thought I read about it.By the way,welcome to the site.How about some pic's?
                    FOXS-XS11SG

2009 Suzuki V Strom 650,Adventure in Touring,I call her "Smooth" SW Motech engine guard,Coocase top case w/ LED brake and tail lights,20" MRA touring screen w/adjusable bracket,Grip heaters,fender ex-tender,Givi hard sidebags

1980 XS11SG-sold
                    1999 Vulcan classic-sold
                    1982 XJ 650-sold

Old is only a state of mind......John

Comment

Fred, one minor correction, As I had indicated earlier, the SH and LH seats are also a bolt right on match.
                      Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
                      80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
                      93 GSX600F
                      80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
                      81 XS1100 Special
                      81 CB750 C
                      80 CB750 C
                      78 XS750

Comment

I have a seat off an '80 special, pan is good, foam is good, but is completely covered with black duct tape, $45, plus shipping...Later 'Dog

Comment

I have a '79XS11Special

Selling my whole bike-not running, not original seat but it fits, new tires and a treasure trove of parts for $500.00 Located in Glendale, CA.

Dean
                          79 XS11

Comment

Originally posted by LA_Dean View Post
                            Selling my whole bike-not running, not original seat but it fits, new tires and a treasure trove of parts for $500.00 Located in Glendale, CA.

Dean
                            Huh?
                            Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Working...
                            X