Early Forkbrace for XS - who made it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Early Forkbrace for XS - who made it?

Anybody know the name of the company that made these?

Bone stock 1980 Special except for the exhaust and crashbars. Oh yeah, and the scabbard for the Winchester Defender.

No, but I have one and they are kind of a bitch to install.
    Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Don't know exactly but the manufacturer is something like CCP or something similar.
      Nathan
      KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
      K&N Filter
      #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
      OEM Exhaust
      ATK Fork Brace
      LED Dash lights
      Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
      SS Brake Lines
      Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Mike's XS has one. I know that doesn't answer the question, but it's still available.
        Marty (in Mississippi)
        XS1100SG
        XS650SK
        XS650SH
        XS650G
        XS6502F
        XS650E

Comment

Had one on one of my bikes. It's NO LONGER on the bike, as it does NOT work well. I had a TKat brace on one bike, and that one on another, and tried to flex the front forks with both of them. The TKat didn't move, that one moved almost as much as NOT having it on.
          Just a thought if you are planning on it working well.
          Ray Matteis
          KE6NHG
          XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
          XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

Originally posted by jetmechmarty View Post

Mike's XS has one. I know that doesn't answer the question, but it's still available.
            The one I have on my SG actually came off of a set of XS650 forks.It's black though.

Originally posted by DiverRay View Post
            Had one on one of my bikes. It's NO LONGER on the bike, as it does NOT work well. I had a TKat brace on one bike, and that one on another, and tried to flex the front forks with both of them. The TKat didn't move, that one moved almost as much as NOT having it on.
            Just a thought if you are planning on it working well.
            Mine seems to work quite well. I noticed a HUGE difference in the handling after I installed it.
            Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Well all I really want to know is who made the damn thing so I can put it on my list of accessories for the insurance papers.
              Bone stock 1980 Special except for the exhaust and crashbars. Oh yeah, and the scabbard for the Winchester Defender.

Comment

Look it up on Mike'sXS and use that brand name. If it doesn't say use the "contact us" feature on that site.
                Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

Originally posted by BA80 View Post
                  Look it up on Mike'sXS and use that brand name. If it doesn't say use the "contact us" feature on that site.
                  DONE! Let's see if they respond

Comment

Working...
                  X