Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• carb info, help or parts needed

Hello all,
    I have a 1980 special, that I have been cleaning and rebuilding the carburetors. Once fully reassembled, tested the diaphragms. All the slides have scratches on the bottoms, thus I think PO or his sons jacked around with them. The #1 and #4 slides need new diaphragms, will be replacing them all.
    Additionally I think the slide needle in #4 is bent, there are nicks on it.
    These are none adjustable.
    Mikuni # 5GL16,
    l know where to get new diaphragms but need assistance with a good set of slide needles or proper replacements from Mikuni.
    Any help will be greatly appreciated
    '80 XS11 Special SG, Black
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
    WOMEN are like BACON
    They LOOK, SMELL, and TASTE GREAT And slowly KILL MEN

The model of your bike-It is a SG not a GS.Somewhere on this forum is a chart to show model years.
    1980 XS1100 SG
    Inline fuel filters
    New wires in old coils-outer spark plugs
    160 mph speedometer mod
    Kerker Exhaust
    xschop K & N air filter setup
    Dynojet Recalibration kit
    1999 Kawasaki ZRX1100
    1997 Jeep Cherokee 4.5"lift installed

Comment

You may have to buy a whole carb kit(s) to get the correct needles, pretty sure they are no longer available by themselves. The kit below has the needles, but they say they are the adjustable type. Your carbs should have the non adjustable type. They are probably compatible I would imagine. Maybe someone who has used these on an 80 will chime in.

http://www.georgefixs.com/servlet/th...S1100SG/Detail
      Last edited by bikerphil; 03-24-2013, 10:53 AM.
      2H7 (79)
      3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

got kits

Ok, I changed info in signature.

Phil,
        I did purchase carb kits from Goergefix on ebay.
        They are from K&L, only one kit came with a slide needle. When I got them I email him about it, he told me that when he gets kits with needles he passes them on.
        I have not emailed him about getting a set of just needles yet. Not sure which part # to ask for or if it matters with those kits.
        I was hoping that someone would let me know if the K&L parts are useable or if they may suffer the same sort of controversy as the main jets.
        Trying to use wisdom from this forum to know what items must be from Mikuni.

I have put so much time and effort into the carb system, that I do not want to cause harm or chase my tail.

Thank you for your responses
        '80 XS11 Special SG, Black
        _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
        WOMEN are like BACON
        They LOOK, SMELL, and TASTE GREAT And slowly KILL MEN

Comment

Working...
        X