timing plate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• timing plate

Hi. I need to do some repair work on my pick up oil wires and there is not much wire left from previous fixes. I want to remove the whole thing to work on the bench rather than the floor but cant figure out how to get the timing plate off so the advance can be removed. Any hints?
    1980 XS 1100 Special
    Mostly stock & original
    Added Yamaha fairing (w/ 8-track!)
    Torpedo bags
    New paint (still) pending
    Stainless brake lines
    Tkat forkbrace
    Coils from Honda 1000

Previous bikes:
    1968(?) 350 Harley Davidson
    1977 Yamaha 650

Never mind - I think I fingered it out.
    1980 XS 1100 Special
    Mostly stock & original
    Added Yamaha fairing (w/ 8-track!)
    Torpedo bags
    New paint (still) pending
    Stainless brake lines
    Tkat forkbrace
    Coils from Honda 1000

Previous bikes:
    1968(?) 350 Harley Davidson
    1977 Yamaha 650

Comment

If anybody wants to experiment, I have some 24 ga fine strand PVC coated wire that I would be happy to send if you send me a self addressed stamped envelope. Two colors, yellow, which can be colored with a magic marker to make orange, and dark purple which can be used for the grey wires.
      Two foot of each color.
      In return, I would like a condition report in a year or two, to see how the PVC holds up.
      PM me for my address.
      CZ

Comment

Originally posted by barrelguy View Post
        Hi. I need to do some repair work on my pick up oil wires and there is not much wire left from previous fixes. I want to remove the whole thing to work on the bench rather than the floor but cant figure out how to get the timing plate off so the advance can be removed. Any hints?
        There is more of the ultra flexible wire back in the sheathing. Go back in there to where it attaches to the stiff wires and add a longer piece of stiff wire where the flex isn't not necessary. You can then move the unused portion of the flex wire where it will do some good.
        Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Working...
        X