Shipping an XS1100 frame details

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shipping an XS1100 frame details

Anyone ever shipped an XS1100 frame? How would one do it? About how much for a frame with short block cost to ship?

Any details would be great like if it needs some type of wrap and who to use. Thanks
    "We are often so caught up in our destination that we forget to appreciate the journey." "

frame

I got one from Calif...last summer. They shipped it through the U.S. mail. It was wrapped in bubble wrap. The Post lady wanted to know what it was when she dropped it off. I think it was around 25.00. I'm sure they sent it lowest priority they could.
    At this time:
    1985 Goldwing Innr.
    1976 cb 750 cafe racer
    2007 vtx 1300
    81 sx 1100 s h
    81 sx 400 special

Comment

i shipped one several years ago by Greyhound. Price was $20 - $25 (from memory) but I had it wrapped at a UPS store before I took it to Greyhound.
      Jerry Fields
      '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
      '06 Concours
      My Galleries Page.
      My Blog Page.
      "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

I sent one Greyhound a couple months ago to a member here. i sent it from Phoenix,Az to Connecticut I think. I wrapped it with packing foam and cardboard.Just the frame itself, I didn't cover the big open area where the engine goes. It cost about $80 to ship.
        If you can ship a frame for $25 I would be real surprised.But hey, if you can, that would be great.
        80 SG XS1100
        14 Victory Cross Country

Comment

Originally posted by tarzan View Post
          If you can ship a frame for $25 I would be real surprised.But hey, if you can, that would be great.
          +1. I shipped a large seat across 2 states and it cost $75.
          Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

frame

It might have been a bit more than 25.00....but I just remember it being cheaper than I thought it would have cost. I got it from a salvage yard out there. The bus might be your best way.
            At this time:
            1985 Goldwing Innr.
            1976 cb 750 cafe racer
            2007 vtx 1300
            81 sx 1100 s h
            81 sx 400 special

Comment

Thanks everyone for the Feedback.
              "We are often so caught up in our destination that we forget to appreciate the journey." "

Comment

Working...
              X