O-ring source for float jet seats 1980sg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• O-ring source for float jet seats 1980sg

After sitting for awhile dry, my orings on my float jet seats have shrunk and the seat can just fall out of the carb (if I don't put the little clamp and screw in) I know this is wrong, as gas could seep past this and flood the aircleaner jut like a leaking float jet. Anybody know a source for these little orings? I tried some 5/16" orings but they are too tight, 1/4" is too loose. I don't really want to buy complete rebuild kits for one small oring!
    Bone stock 1980 Special except for the exhaust and crashbars. Oh yeah, and the scabbard for the Winchester Defender.

You can get a nitrile metric O-ring kit at your local Harbor Freight store, it has those seat O-rings and it also has the tiny ones for the fuel mixture screws, $5...

Oh, I see you are in Canada, maybe not then.

http://www.harborfreight.com/225-pie...ent-67609.html
    Last edited by bikerphil; 02-16-2013, 05:13 PM.
    2H7 (79)
    3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

Thanks Phil! I have ways of getting things from HFright. :-) So there is a set of rings in there that will def. fit? Have you tried this? Do you know which size off hand? Cheers.
      Last edited by Courtney; 02-16-2013, 05:32 PM.
      Bone stock 1980 Special except for the exhaust and crashbars. Oh yeah, and the scabbard for the Winchester Defender.

Comment

I don't remember the exact size off hand, I have used this kit in the past to rebuild 2 banks of 80-82 XS11 carbs and it does contain the correct size. Maybe someone will chime in with the correct dimensions.
        2H7 (79)
        3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

Hmmm might be easier to ask someone to mail me 4 of these in an envelope in exchange for some cash. If there is a fair whack of them in the container for 5 bucks, that is def. the cheapest way to go!

Comment

Today is your lucky day. Here is the size, and where to buy them.
            http://rocketseals.com/

is the place, and 1.5 mm X 7 mm is the size. You want Viton material, although Nitril or Buna N will work.

CZ

Comment

Originally posted by Courtney View Post
              Hmmm might be easier to ask someone to mail me 4 of these in an envelope in exchange for some cash. If there is a fair whack of them in the container for 5 bucks, that is def. the cheapest way to go!
              You have PM
              Phil
              1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
              1983 XJ 650 Maxim
              2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

I used the o-rings from the HF kit too for the mixture screws on my XJ. I put them in last spring.

Edit:
                As with anything from HF, it's a good idea to look closely at them before buying. The kit I got had a few bad o-rings, just not any sizes I have needed at this point.
                82J · 81SH · 79SF Fire Damage · 78E · 79F Parts Bike · 04 Buell Blast
                Website/Blog

Comment

Courtney,
                  If you are still looking, I bought the nitrile o-ring set at HF last month, for that same reason.
                  They fit perfectly, and I have enough to share.
                  If you still have a need, PM your addy and I will mail them to you.
                  Mike

1980 SG "Angus"

Comment

If you haven't checked yet princess auto is our version of harbour freight they sell cheap oring kits there.
                    '79 XS11SF

Comment

I get all my carb parts here. Hope this helps you out.

http://www.winnerscirclecanada.com/index.php

Wayne
                      80 XS1100 SG "Phoenix"

"We are the type of band that if we moved in next door to you...Your lawn would die"
                      Lemmy from Motorhead

Comment

Thanks for the Princess auto and winnerscircle links guys! I checked out P.A. but didn't see metric oring kit.

Comment

Originally posted by Courtney View Post
                          Thanks for the Princess auto and winnerscircle links guys! I checked out P.A. but didn't see metric oring kit.
                          Hi Courtney,
                          A word of caution with regard to Princess Auto. While they have plenty of bargains and some really good deals they also have a lot of low quality junk mixed in. Personal shopping highly recomended to see what is on offer.
                          Phil
                          1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
                          1983 XJ 650 Maxim
                          2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

Working...
                          X