Main Bearings and Head Gaskets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Main Bearings and Head Gaskets

Who knows a good place to buy a main bearing set and head gaskets? Today I split my case and found strange gouges in my mains. The crank journals look great and other than the gouges the bearings didn't look too hard for wear, but still I'd rather fix it now.
    "The Hooligan" XJ1100, Virago Gauge Pods, Screaming Eagle Mufflers, K&N Filter, hand made rear fender, side covers, and solo seat, round bar conversion, small headlight, tail light, and cat eye turn signals, chip fuses, rewired the right way.

Pics: http://s1236.photobucket.com/user/ya...?sort=6&page=1

Originally posted by Yard Dogg View Post
    Who knows a good place to buy a main bearing set and head gaskets? Today I split my case and found strange gouges in my mains. The crank journals look great and other than the gouges the bearings didn't look too hard for wear, but still I'd rather fix it now.
    bearings are NLA, so ebay is your friend for that.

Head gasket you can still get in the gasket kit from parts and more.
    Nathan
    KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
    K&N Filter
    #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
    OEM Exhaust
    ATK Fork Brace
    LED Dash lights
    Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
    SS Brake Lines
    Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Gasket kit you can get from PartsNmore, mains not so easy, no aftermarket available AFAIK.

MamaYama lists the blue bearing halves (thickest) at $12.50 each, you need 9, the other thrust half shell is NLA
      Last edited by bikerphil; 01-19-2013, 10:06 PM.
      2H7 (79)
      3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

Well, I just ordered a gasket kit cause I needed valve seals too anyway. Couldn't beat it at $70 free shipping. I have my eyes on some bearings too, but I'm not sure if they are standard size or what.
        "The Hooligan" XJ1100, Virago Gauge Pods, Screaming Eagle Mufflers, K&N Filter, hand made rear fender, side covers, and solo seat, round bar conversion, small headlight, tail light, and cat eye turn signals, chip fuses, rewired the right way.

Comment

I have an NOS set of BLUE mains. PM me.
          Former owner, but I have NO PARTS LEFT!

Comment

Well, I just ordered a gasket kit cause I needed valve seals too anyway. Couldn't beat it at $70 free shipping. I have my eyes on some bearings too, but I'm not sure if they are standard size or what.
            Where'd you get a complete gasket kit for 70 bucks?? That's a killer deal!
            Bone stock 1980 Special except for the exhaust and crashbars. Oh yeah, and the scabbard for the Winchester Defender.

Comment

Originally posted by Courtney View Post
              Where'd you get a complete gasket kit for 70 bucks?? That's a killer deal!
              Parts n more.com
              Nathan
              KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
              K&N Filter
              #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
              OEM Exhaust
              ATK Fork Brace
              LED Dash lights
              Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
              SS Brake Lines
              Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

$110 bucks now!!!
                Bone stock 1980 Special except for the exhaust and crashbars. Oh yeah, and the scabbard for the Winchester Defender.

Comment

My motor is all put back together now. I turned it over the other day to pump some oil around. I will probably start it tomorrow. I've been busy trying to get a small business going. Today I had bike fever, so it will be soon.

Comment

Working...
                  X