Replacement seat suggestions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacement seat suggestions...

I've been looking around and haven't seen any posts concerning seat replacement. My pan is in good shape, so I'm leaning towards just covering it. Anyone had luck with the $99 kits from J.C. Whitney?

http://www.jcwhitney.com/webapp/wcs/...&storeId=10101

TIA,
    -Pickman

Cincinnati, Ohio
    81' XS1100LH "Lady Luck"
    Midnight Ed. turned Special

Took my seat to a local upholstery shop and paid $115 to get it done. It is a two level seat with diamond patern. I was able to reuse the foam even though it was not in perfect shape. It is the best looking part on my bike. This might be an option to look into.

Doug
    78E

Comment

Re: Replacement seat suggestions...

Originally posted by Pickman
      I've been looking around and haven't seen any posts concerning seat replacement. My pan is in good shape, so I'm leaning towards just covering it. Anyone had luck with the $99 kits from J.C. Whitney?

Cincinnati, Ohio
      I have a touring seat on my Mongrel that is pretty nice but it shoves me to far forward. If you have a good standard model seat pan that is worth recovering, I'd be willing to negotiate a trade plus cash deal that will save both of us money.

I'd hate to have a good seat recovered but I'm 6'5" and I'm tired of being pushed so far forward on the bike. Send me an eMail and I'll send you picturs of the bike with the seat on it.

Geezer
      Hi my name is Tony and I'm a bikeoholic.

The old gray biker ain't what he used to be.

Comment

I had one of those touring seats on mine. I HATED it. I acquired a seat and had it upholstered by SARGENT CYCLE PRODUCTS. I love it. I sold the horrible seat on eBay.

Yes, I know the avatar shows the wrong bike.
        Marty (in Mississippi)
        XS1100SG
        XS650SK
        XS650SH
        XS650G
        XS6502F
        XS650E

Comment

Those 2 bucket touring seat kits look ok, but (no pun) are a real pain in the butt. They lock you into one seating position and you can't really change position on a long ride. I did get the OEM style seat cover from Whitney for a beater GS850, fit and looked good.
          When a 10 isn't enough, get a 11. 80g Hardbagger

Comment

When I rode the 3,000 miles to/from Big Is. Deuce my co-workers asked how I could sit that long.
            Much easier on a bike, you can stand and stretch on a bike while still moving. Can't do that in a car.
            Pat Kelly
            <p-lkelly@sbcglobal.net>

1978 XS1100E (The Force)
            1980 XS1100LG (The Dark Side)
            2007 Dodge Ram 2500 quad-cab long-bed (Wifes ride)
            1999 Suburban (The Ship)
            1994 Dodge Spirit (Son #1)
            1968 F100 (Valentine)

"No one is totally useless. They can always be used as a bad example"

Comment

Working...
            X