Pilot screw caps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pilot screw caps

Looking for parts again guys. Where can a fellow find 4 pilot screw caps for my 79 XS11f. Sure would make it alot easyer to adjust those screws if they had caps on them ,because the caps have a pionter on top, you can see if they are all adjusted evenly. This is very important, if just one of them is out of sync it will make your bike run rough.
    Chris 79 XS11F With mods....!!!!!! 2005 FXST Harley Softail

New OEM screws can be found at: motorcyclecarbs.com. Good people. Very knowledgable. I recently bought four from them. They may have the plastic caps on hand also. Go to the web site and get the phone number and call them. They are in Atlanta, Ga.

Comment

IIRC, the plastic caps were also designed to limit the amount the screws could be moved. The bike was supposed to be tuned for cleanest emmissions (not necessarily best performance) , then the cap installed. The caps prevent the screw from moving more than a very slight amount, certainly less than you might want to move them if you're playing with jets, exhaust, etc, etc. This was aonly about one step away from the solid caps that were on some models, and the dire warning in the manual that it had been set at the factory and was not to be adjusted. HA! I really don't thoink there's too many of us out here who would blindly follow along with that philosophy...
      Ken Talbot

Comment

Working...
      X