Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• long time lurker

Hey Guy's,
    Long time lurking In the back ground and learning, first time posting. I just wanted to show of my baby (hopefully). It's been 3 1/2 yrs. and about 50k miles (with no ghosts or gremlins) since I got her for $700. The only major repair was the tranny (2nd gear fix) which wasn't that hard to do. The rest was a lot of deep deep cleaning and polishing. A GREAT SITE FOR A GREAT BIKE. Thanks
    http://s814.beta.photobucket.com/use...tml?sort=3&o=0
    http://s814.beta.photobucket.com/use...tml?sort=3&o=1
    http://s814.beta.photobucket.com/use...tml?sort=3&o=2

Welcome to the site. Nice looking bike for sure. When I first arrived at this place I was embarrassed to ask questions or make posts on what I thought. Do not make that same mistake as the better the guys know you the more they will be able to help. Right now you have the key to the lock that dispenses all knowledge XS/XJ or they will direct you to where you need to be.
    2-79 XS1100 SF
    2-78 XS1100 E Best bike Ever
    80 XS 1100 SG Big bore kit but not fully running yet.
    Couple of more parts bikes of which 2 more will live!

Comment

THANK YOU,
      I'm not exactly new to the site or the bike. I have been collecting info from the site for about 3 1/2 yrs. And I was lucky enough to have owned an "80 XS11 Special back in the mid 80s when I was in my 20s and loved it. And now that I'm in my 50s I was looking for another one when I found this XJ and fell in love with it. Mechanically I can do anything that needs to be done myself. But it sure is nice to have access to the knowledge that you fine people have been kind enough to share. Thanks again

Comment

Beautiful bike. Gotta admit, the XJ's look funny with pods, as their side covers seem farther back and smaller than the XS's.
        1979 XS1100F
        2H9 Mod, Truck-Lite LED Headlight, TECHNA-FIT S/S Brake Lines, Rear Air Shocks, TKAT Fork Brace, Dyna DC-I Coils, TC Fuse Block, Barnett HD Clutch Springs, Superbike Handlebars, V-Star 650 ACCT, NGK Irridium Plugs, OEM Exhaust. CNC-Cut 2nd Gear Dogs; Ported/Milled Head; Modded Airbox: 8x8 Wix Panel Filter; #137.5 Main Jet, Viper Yellow Paint, Michelin Pilot Activ F/R, Interstate AGM Battery, 14MM MC, Maier Fairing, Cree LED Fog Lights.

Comment

Originally posted by IanDMacDonald View Post
          Beautiful bike. Gotta admit, the XJ's look funny with pods, as their side covers seem farther back and smaller than the XS's.
          Yeah, I agree, but I'm sure it's a WHOLE lot easier getting the carbs out now without an airbox!

GREAT looking bike. I wish mine looked half as good as that. (I think I've got the same helmet though.)
          Hi, my name is George & I'm a twisty addict!

80G (Green paint(PO idea))
          The Green Monster
          K&N A/F, TC's fuse block, '81 oil cooler, TC's homemade 4-2 w/Mac Mufflers, Raptor 660 ACCT
          Got him in '04.
          bald tire & borrowing parts

80SG (Black w/red emblems & calipers)
          Scarlet
          K&N A/F, TC's fuse block, WJ5, Shoei bags, Raptor 660 ACCT.
          Got her in '11
          Ready for the twisties!

81H (previously CPMaynard's)
          Hugo
          Full Venturer, Indigo Blue with B/W painted tank.
          Cold weather ride

Comment

Welcome! Very nice looking bike!

Personally I think the XJ's look way better with pods than the XS's. There is less space there on an XJ and the pods fill the space well. An XS with pods ends up with a bunch of empty space down.where the airbox should be and I think it looks bad.
            Nathan
            KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
            K&N Filter
            #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
            OEM Exhaust
            ATK Fork Brace
            LED Dash lights
            Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
            SS Brake Lines
            Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Very nice looking ride.

Glad you came out of the closet. Welcome to the party!
              1995 KZ100P
              Pods, jets, pipes, cam adjuster, oil cooler

1977 Ironhead - custom build
              Hot engine, custom frame, KZ front and rear, high torque starter, alternator conversion, Progressive shocks, Thunderheart wiring, Dyna ignition, oil cooler, Dakota Digital instruments, etc.

Sold all my XS's to Eastcoaster but still love to keep up with you guys. This is the best cycle forum on the web.

Comment

Very nice!
                Marty (in Mississippi)
                XS1100SG
                XS650SK
                XS650SH
                XS650G
                XS6502F
                XS650E

Comment

Nice! Looks like you were working while lurking...
                  When the horse is dead, dismount.

Bagapotomus - '80G Attempted Rescue, '78 Engine, Vetter Bags and Trunk.

Comment

real nice xj !! im courious about the saddle bags. what kind, how their mounted, what size. like to have a set on my xj. thanks!

Comment

Working...
                    X