Need jets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need jets?

I just found K&N is selling all of their jets kits at cost + 10.00 to close out. Looks like they are quitting that line. Just ordered a stage 1-3 kit for 35.99 for my 78 standard. If you are thinking about jetting it is a good deal and probably your last chance.
    If you only thnk you'll need one size they are cheaper seperate.
    http://knpowersports.com/motorcycle_atv.htm
    buffalo
    80 XS1100SG

I got 145 mains, and 45 pilots, for $20, thru the yamaha dealer. Later 'Dog

Comment

just thought there may be others who are constantly tinkering like I do. Saves money buying multiple jet sets AND I get new needles and springs to go with my new diaphragms and slides.
      buffalo
      80 XS1100SG

Comment

Not a bad deal with the extra needle and springs. Later 'Dog

Comment

I got a set off eBay for $15 (including shipping.) ;o)

Geezer
          Hi my name is Tony and I'm a bikeoholic.

The old gray biker ain't what he used to be.

Comment

Last set I bid on on ebay went for 60 bucks! Too much for my taste, you can buy a pile of them individual for that.
            buffalo
            80 XS1100SG

Comment

Originally posted by buffalo
              Last set I bid on on ebay went for 60 bucks! Too much for my taste, you can buy a pile of them individual for that.
              More strangeness from eBay… It’s crazy how much some people will pay.

Geezer
              Last edited by Geezer; 03-11-2004, 02:19 AM.

Comment

I just ordered a jet Kit for my 81 special, I will report back when I install the kit and my new Jardine 4-2 pipes. i am waiting for warmer weather so I can coat my pipes with Kreem Blue shield on the Inside.
                Bill Woods
                1981 Yamaha XS1100SH (Eleven Special)
                1985 Kawasuki GS425 Mojave ATV
                2006 Yamaha Wolverine 450 4x4 ATV

Comment

the stage 1&3 kits that they offer dont come with filters do they??

Comment

As far as I know it is just jets, needles, and springs, several sets of each in the 1-3 kit but no filters. I will let you know for sure when mine comes in.
                    buffalo
                    80 XS1100SG

Comment

Originally posted by buffalo
                      As far as I know it is just jets, needles, and springs, several sets of each in the 1-3 kit but no filters. I will let you know for sure when mine comes in.
                      Mine came with 1 set of valve needles and 3 sets of main jets. There is also a couple of drill bits and a screw. The screw is to exctact the plugs over the mixture screws. I'm not sure what the other drill bit is for. I'll have to read the instructions. ;o)

Geezer

Geezer

Comment

Instructions? It comes with instructions? I don't need no stinkin instructions, I'm a real man!
                        buffalo
                        80 XS1100SG

Comment

Instructions

What ya do is , frig it all up then dig thru the garbage looking for the instructions while your wife rubs it in. At least thats my usual senerio!!!!...............MITCH
                          Doug Mitchell
                          82 XJ1100 sold
                          2006 Suzuki C90 SE 1500 CC Cruiser sold
                          2007 Stratoliner 1900 sold
                          1999 Honda Valkyrie interstate
                          47 years riding and still learning, does that make me a slow learner?

Comment

Re: Instructions

Originally posted by mitch
                            What ya do is , frig it all up then dig thru the garbage looking for the instructions while your wife rubs it in. At least thats my usual senerio!!!!...............MITCH
                            I'm lucky, no old lady to get in my face. I've been through a lot of carbs and I'll browse through the instructions just before I used the kit. I doubt there will be anything if much in there I don't already know but it won't hurt to look. ;o)

Geezer

Comment

Hey Geezer

Even worse , Told the mother-inlaw, i would install her new fan light in her kitchen. i made two mistakes, thru out the instructions, stopped at the beer store. Should be a small job told her 20 mins i would be done, Ha Ha, 10 beer and 4 hrs later the wobbling son of a gun was up and spinning! Needless to say i now read instructions . They still remind me of that stupid light when i say give me 30 mins and it will be done. Have a great day ...................MITCH
                              Doug Mitchell
                              82 XJ1100 sold
                              2006 Suzuki C90 SE 1500 CC Cruiser sold
                              2007 Stratoliner 1900 sold
                              1999 Honda Valkyrie interstate
                              47 years riding and still learning, does that make me a slow learner?

Comment

Working...
                              X