Yamaha Seat Covers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha Seat Covers

Hello!!! Been awhile since I have been on, but I am still working on the 1979 Xs1100F. I was in need of a seat cover, and found a guy on eBay that didn't have one listed, but I wrote him and he made a cover for me. Reasonable price, and good work. If you are in need of a new cover, see what he has, and if you don't see what you are looking for, email him through eBay. He is seller "mac32756" and you can search on that seller. I am getting ready to start the reassembly process. Have a great day!!!

Posting a preliminary photo

Originally posted by jmacsuga View Post
    Hello!!! Been awhile since I have been on, but I am still working on the 1979 Xs1100F. I was in need of a seat cover, and found a guy on eBay that didn't have one listed, but I wrote him and he made a cover for me. Reasonable price, and good work. If you are in need of a new cover, see what he has, and if you don't see what you are looking for, email him through eBay. He is seller "mac32756" and you can search on that seller. I am getting ready to start the reassembly process. Have a great day!!!
    I just set the seat cover on the foam and then on the pan. Not done yet completely tying it down.

Comment

Replacement seat covers

Hi Guys,

Just putting it out here for anyone looking for an well made seat cover inexpensively. I bought mine as well from mac32756 on ebay. His name is Mike. A nice guy. Great communication, I got mine for $28 + $8 shipping. It took a couple of weeks to get it out but he kept me informed along the process as he is probably swamped at his prices. He has a lot offered that are already patterned. He has snowmobile seats and can probably make whatever is you send the spent one.

Here is a 1100 XS. His pics are not great. The one on the listing is mine but you can t see it well.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321110878395

Being a high back seat it required a great deal of stretching. Had son help. My pan had the points holding cover on. Anticipating breaking some I drilled holes for rivets too(about ) 10 and an awl is essential to pre punch holes especially where doubled and foamed. It is comfy as heck like new and looks wonderful.

Previous bikes:
      1979 Husqvarna 390 CR (NEW)
      80's KTM 250XC
      I had a 80's
      490YZ
      TT500
      IT 490
      1986 600XT
      1988 Honda 350 XR
      2005 KTM 625 SMC LC4
      (?) Dnieper (Ural like) 2 WD Military sidecar rig
      I have a 2003 Honda 300 EX Wheeler
      and a 2010 Kawasaki 750 Brute Force Wheeler

And now my XS1100SF

"MEDUSA"

http://s1319.photobucket.com/user/1c...Garage%20Resto

Comment

Seat cover

The first pic looks a bit loose in the back. We did it in the cold and my son just got off the seat and in the sun. Stretch it good. Requires some man handling.

Jeff
        Previous bikes:
        80's KTM 250XC
        I had a 80's
        490YZ
        TT500
        IT 490
        1986 600XT
        1988 Honda 350 XR
        2005 KTM 625 SMC LC4

And now my XS1100SF

"MEDUSA"

Comment

Missing imagesa for seatcover on Medusa

Previous bikes:
          80's KTM 250XC
          I had a 80's
          490YZ
          TT500
          IT 490
          1986 600XT
          1988 Honda 350 XR
          2005 KTM 625 SMC LC4

And now my XS1100SF

"MEDUSA"

Comment

Nice looking seat!
            1978 XS1100E - The TimeMachine
            1980 XS850 Special - Little Mo

Comment

Originally posted by DenyP View Post
              Nice looking seat!
              +1 on the seat, but I really like the paint scheme. That tank looks way COOL!
              Hi, my name is George & I'm a twisty addict!

80G (Green paint(PO idea))
              The Green Monster
              K&N A/F, TC's fuse block, '81 oil cooler, TC's homemade 4-2 w/Mac Mufflers, Raptor 660 ACCT
              Got him in '04.
              bald tire & borrowing parts

80SG (Black w/red emblems & calipers)
              Scarlet
              K&N A/F, TC's fuse block, WJ5, Shoei bags, Raptor 660 ACCT.
              Got her in '11
              Ready for the twisties!

81H (previously CPMaynard's)
              Hugo
              Full Venturer, Indigo Blue with B/W painted tank.
              Cold weather ride

Comment

Seat is OK, but I think for more money the company in Hust, TX has a better cover. Yes, I paid almost $100 for the cover, but it LOOKS STOCK, and fit easily. So yes, there ARE options, and as always, the COST is the BIG factor.
                Ray Matteis
                KE6NHG
                XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
                XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

Seat cover for my G

Hey Folks,
                  Based on the very reasonable prices reported here I contacted mac32756 from ebay to see if he had the pattern for the seat cover for my G and if he could make me a cover. He didn't have the pattern, so I suggested to send my cover to him so he could use it as a pattern. My cover was pretty nasty, the material was very brittle and had multiple rips throughout, yet Mike was able to make a purse out of a sow's ear. The member who brought him to the fore mentioned Mike took a couple of weeks to turn his request into a delivery, I had no such delay. I had mine within 5 days !!! I had some time to put it on today and I couldn't be more satisfied for the price. The materials seem to be top notch as is the craftmanship, although not factory perfect it's more than acceptable.
                  My pan and foam are in excellent condition so I didn't have any of those type of issues, and the installation was fairly easy eventhough I had never done this before.
                  In conclusion, I highly recommend mac32756 for your seat cover replacemnts.
                  He's easy to communicate with and highly responsive to your requests.
                  Last edited by Cobia; 07-11-2013, 05:37 PM.
                  1980G Standard, Restored
                  Kerker 4 - 1
                  850 Rear End Mod
                  2-21 Flashing LED Arrays on either side of license plate for Brake Light Assist, 1100 Lumen Cree Aux Lights,
                  Progressive springs, Showa rear shocks
                  Automatic CCT
                  1980GH Special, Restored
                  Stock Exhaust, New Handlebars, 1" Spacer in Fork Springs, Automatic CCT, Showa Rear Shocks
                  '82 XJ1100 (Sold)
                  Automatic CCT, RC Engineering 4 X 1 Exhaust, K&N Pods, #50 Pilot Jets, YICS Eliminator. Sorely missed.

Comment

Awesome bro, I'll have to take a ride up there and see it up close. Wonder if he could make one for the Yamaha factory touring seat.
                    2H7 (79)
                    3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

-10 points for posting without pictures!!
                      Nate

78 XS11 "Matilda" 2H7 000364

2001 Raptor ACCT, T.C. Fuse Box, TC Bros Forward Controls
                      Kuryakyn Iso Grips/Throttleboss/Bar End Mirror, Custom Covered Seat
                      Shinko 712s, HID Headlight, RC Performance Exhaust
                      Bikemaster Daytona Handlebars, Galfer SS Brake Lines
                      Barnett HD Clutch Springs, T.C. Spin On Filter Adapter
                      K+N Air Filter

88 Voyager XII
                      81 XJ650 Maxim

Comment

Phil,
                        You know you're always welcome. I think this guy can make any cover as long as you provide him with the pattern.

Tat2deman,
                        Yeah, I know, I may post some later. I just wanted to get the word out because Mike is a real find.
                        1980G Standard, Restored
                        Kerker 4 - 1
                        850 Rear End Mod
                        2-21 Flashing LED Arrays on either side of license plate for Brake Light Assist, 1100 Lumen Cree Aux Lights,
                        Progressive springs, Showa rear shocks
                        Automatic CCT
                        1980GH Special, Restored
                        Stock Exhaust, New Handlebars, 1" Spacer in Fork Springs, Automatic CCT, Showa Rear Shocks
                        '82 XJ1100 (Sold)
                        Automatic CCT, RC Engineering 4 X 1 Exhaust, K&N Pods, #50 Pilot Jets, YICS Eliminator. Sorely missed.

Comment

Paint Scheme

Originally posted by GLoweVA View Post
                          +1 on the seat, but I really like the paint scheme. That tank looks way COOL!
                          Thanks for Kudos on paint scheme. It was winter time and just did a spray bomb semi-gloss shoot ( I was more involved in mechanical issues at the time and did not have a good enough paint set up at he time to attempt to paint properly. I do now and will be doing eventually). The tank kept on getting scratched up from belt whatever. The different black look is carbon fiberesq contact paper.

In regard to the seat cover for less than $30 it is outstanding and I highly recommend getting one if your seat is ratty and you do not have a lot to spend.
                          Referring to having an awl when you do it is to put holes in the naugahide as you go.
                          Last edited by clashpistol; 05-01-2014, 02:54 PM. Reason: not enough info
                          Previous bikes:
                          80's KTM 250XC
                          I had a 80's
                          490YZ
                          TT500
                          IT 490
                          1986 600XT
                          1988 Honda 350 XR
                          2005 KTM 625 SMC LC4