XS 11 Rear fender and seat.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XS 11 Rear fender and seat.

I have a 79 XS 11 Speacial and I was thinking of customizing it a little. I saw a custom painted yellow one on hear with an after market rear, front fender, and seat. i was wondering where you might be able to find seat and fenders to fit. Or do they make kits. Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance.

I have looked into this as I have a sickness and just cant leave anything alone. You might check out meriamcycle.com They seem to be the place to go for aftermarket if you have deep pockets. I think I heard JC Whitney had some of the same body parts cheaper. I know there is very little that bolts right up.

If you dont mind doing some fabricating the XS frame lends to alot of possibilities. You can do the chopper look, crotch rocket, whatever. Ebay has about anything you could want if you keep an eye on it. And you can steal some of it.

I am in the process of putting a ZX6R tail section, tank, and seats on mine. New rear suspension, etc. But you can get into alot of work. I had to modify the frame fairly heavily to use the new rear subframe. Thats it though, I like the naked bike look alot more than with all the plastics, but thats just me. I think you could add a harley fender or a flat track type rear without too much work.

Good luck, if you like to work on them as much as ride them, go nuts. Chad

Comment

Working...
    X