Different Length Forks????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Different Length Forks????

I just intalled new fork seals and wrecked one in the process..(my bad for trying to cheat but after hanging the forks back in the tree I got to looking and one fork is longer by about a 1/4 inch.
    I have twisted and pulled on both to make sure they are fully extended...(yeah I sqished em too to see where they extend to)
    One fork is 34 and 3/4 and the other is 34 1/2.
    Any ideas???
    '81 sh " Maime" The Nature of The Beast

Re: Different Length Forks????

Originally posted by schpiff
    I just intalled new fork seals and wrecked one in the process..(my bad for trying to cheat but after hanging the forks back in the tree I got to looking and one fork is longer by about a 1/4 inch.
    I have twisted and pulled on both to make sure they are fully extended...(yeah I sqished em too to see where they extend to)
    One fork is 34 and 3/4 and the other is 34 1/2.
    Any ideas???
    I will take a guess and say that the longer one is not tightened down as much as the other.What that means is you will have to take the forks apart and measure all four sections of fork{tops,bottoms,the parts in the bottom that the hex screw fastens to}.More than likely one of them isn`t tightened up as much as the other and the bolts are long enough that a 1/4 could show up.I`am going to have to redo my forks later,they like to pump up.Hope this gives you some ideas and helps.
    Bill Harvell

Comment

Also measure your springs and make sure they go all the way in and don`t hang up anywhere.
      Bill Harvell

Comment

Another possibility while you have them apart. If you have progressive springs with spacers make sure the spacers are the same lenght. Chad

Comment

Working...
        X