No announcement yet.

need some advise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

great.thanks for the info. it is a '79 and they are the upper T's. do you think these have been plugged for a reason, maybe to stop the bowls from overflowing? i am going to unplug them and see what happens on a test ride.

Comment

ok, well what i thought were screws are actually long copper tubes, so there goes that theory, i checked to make sure there was no blockage as well.

Comment

well after rejetting according to the jetting tips, 145mains, 45 pilots, the problem seems to have moved 500-1000rpm higher. it also keeps climbing but is very rough, before it wouldent climb when it started cutting out. my guess is maybe raise the needle or go one more main size? i did synch after getting the carbs back on. i havent gotten a chance to test the advance out so that will be done later this week. did the 79 stock carbs come with adjustable fuel screws? it appers mine are adjustable, where i usually see caps covering fuel screws there are screws with springs under them?

Comment

Milkman have you stripped and cleaned those carbs mate? With your setup a 142.5 main should rev out even better than the 145. I doubt the stumbling is caused by jetting. Middle needle notch should be ideal. Need to check plugs to see if lean or rich at high revs under load.

Comment

I was getting about the same miss, but a little lower in the rpm range. Finally fixed that problem by replacing the carb bootws and connecting the "overflow" tubes back to the air cleaner box. These tube the carb bowel vents, they need to be connected to the intake to maintain proper float levels.
            Ken
            '79 xs1100f
            '79 xs1100sf

Comment

Working...
            X