New member!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member!

Bought my 1980 xs1100 special back in May, and just stumbled across this site! Thought I might as well join a forum dedicated to this awesome bike! Anything I need to know about this site? Tips? Also, how can I post a picture of my bike?
    80 SG

Welcome!

Create an account at Photobucket.com

Upload your pictures to there. Once that is done, mouse over the picture and you will get a drop down menu. Click on the IMG choice, that will copy it, and you can paste the link in your post here.
    Nate

78 XS11 "Matilda" 2H7 000364

2001 Raptor ACCT, T.C. Fuse Box, TC Bros Forward Controls
    Kuryakyn Iso Grips/Throttleboss/Bar End Mirror, Custom Covered Seat
    Shinko 712s, HID Headlight, RC Performance Exhaust
    Bikemaster Daytona Handlebars, Galfer SS Brake Lines
    Barnett HD Clutch Springs, T.C. Spin On Filter Adapter
    K+N Air Filter

88 Voyager XII
    81 XJ650 Maxim

Comment

http://s1170.beta.photobucket.com/us...g.html?filters[user]=131681544&filters[recent]=1&filters[media%5Ftype]=video&sort=1&o=1
      80 SG

Comment

80 SG

Comment

I wouldn't have thought to paint my bike that color, but it actually looks great that color. Nice bike.
          Welcome to XS11
          80 SG XS1100
          14 Victory Cross Country

Comment

Guy I bought it from painted it 2 years ago, and being a big mopar guy its "mopar sublime green." was going to buy it with the intent to repaint it, but since then it's grown on me, and it's a excellent paint job too. I really dig the color now, flashy and unique.
            80 SG

Comment

welcome

Welcome to the site. You'll find almost everything you need to know about these bikes on this site. It's a great community of Guys, all willing to help with anything they can. Good looking bike have fun with it.
              xs1100 hartail bobber

http://i1169.photobucket.com/albums/...-38-36_563.jpg

Comment

Looks like a good bike,yeah different color but kinda cool. Season is getting late but maybe next year you can hook up with some of us in the MN/Wisc. area for a run.
                81 H

Comment

Welcome!, but I gotta ask...
                  The Kow or the Yam, what is your ride of choice??
                  Having ridden a LOT of bikes in my time, and getting to try a Duaval Saturday, I DO know my preference. I MAY be biased, but then I'm on older bikes except for my beemer most of the time.
                  Ray Matteis
                  KE6NHG
                  XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
                  XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

You'll love the site.

Start by going through some of the tech tips under XS11 Info to get a sense of what's available. If you spend a little time with the search function you can find several answers to almost any question you have. Many with pictures or even a video.

If you need manuals you can get them at Catatonic Bug's site - http://www.ringler.us/family/mybike.html

Great group of guys.
                    1995 KZ100P
                    Pods, jets, pipes, cam adjuster, oil cooler

1977 Ironhead - custom build
                    Hot engine, custom frame, KZ front and rear, high torque starter, alternator conversion, Progressive shocks, Thunderheart wiring, Dyna ignition, oil cooler, Dakota Digital instruments, etc.

Sold all my XS's to Eastcoaster but still love to keep up with you guys. This is the best cycle forum on the web.

Comment

Nice lookin bike and welcome to the site!
                      BARE BONES CHOPPERS: If it don't make it go faster, you don't need it!
                      80 XS1100SG(cafe in progress *slowly)

Comment

Originally posted by DiverRay View Post
                        Welcome!, but I gotta ask...
                        The Kow or the Yam, what is your ride of choice??
                        Having ridden a LOT of bikes in my time, and getting to try a Duaval Saturday, I DO know my preference. I MAY be biased, but then I'm on older bikes except for my beemer most of the time.
                        Haha! Well... There's a reason why the Kawasaki was sold and the old Yamaha is still with me! The new 750 was boring. Reliable yes, but slow, quiet, not as good looking.
                        80 SG

Comment

Thank you for this thread helped me out a lot! Here are some pics of my xs1100 bobber Lucy.

Last edited by tjdudeman; 12-11-2012, 04:43 AM.
                          80 XS11 Bobber/Rat

Comment

Meangreen,sharp looking bike and I see what you mean,that color grows on ya,I like it.It's a mean green.Welcome to the site,good bunch of people and very helpful.
                            FOXS-XS11SG

2009 Suzuki V Strom 650,Adventure in Touring,I call her "Smooth" SW Motech engine guard,Coocase top case w/ LED brake and tail lights,20" MRA touring screen w/adjusable bracket,Grip heaters,fender ex-tender,Givi hard sidebags

1980 XS11SG-sold
                            1999 Vulcan classic-sold
                            1982 XJ 650-sold

Old is only a state of mind......John

Comment

not to steal your thread mean,but TJ,is that a freaking gas mask on your handlebars?
                              FOXS-XS11SG

2009 Suzuki V Strom 650,Adventure in Touring,I call her "Smooth" SW Motech engine guard,Coocase top case w/ LED brake and tail lights,20" MRA touring screen w/adjusable bracket,Grip heaters,fender ex-tender,Givi hard sidebags

1980 XS11SG-sold
                              1999 Vulcan classic-sold
                              1982 XJ 650-sold

Old is only a state of mind......John

Comment

Working...
                              X