No announcement yet.

Electrical Problems...Please Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is probably not a kill switch problem. Lights should still work with the kill switch.

I agree with a post or two above . . . check for a master fuse . . . under the left side cover, up high, possibly under the seat there. Rubber thingy with a glass fuse in it. Nortorious for failing.

Also check the integrity of the battery cables . . . the postive cable from the battery to the starter relay, as well as the ground strap.

There should be another positive wire coming off the battery or the main lug on the starter relay (where the battery hooks up) that goes into the wiring harness. That is the main power for everything. Plug is near the battery top, right side of the bike, near the main frame tube. Maybe it is unplugged or bad?

Good luck!
    CUAgain,
    Daniel Meyer
    Author. Adventurer. Electrician.
    Find out why...It's About the Ride.

Comment

Hi Guys,,

We are back in business.
      Daniel I think you have nailed it.
      I looked at the wiring harness and found a red wire (it had been cut only about 1/4" showing), I hooked it to the starter solenoid positive side and Hey Presto everything works. starter, lights etc.
      Now the question is do I hook the red wire to the starter solenoid or does it go to the positive side of battery?.

Thankyou all very much again for your help it was truly appreciated.

Comment

Red wire

The red wire that you found needs to go to the battery side of the solenoid. That is the red wire I told you about in my first post. It powers up the ignition switch after going through the main fuse in the fuse panel. After looking at the wiring diagram, I looked at Organ Donor, and confirmed that it does not have a separate main fuse.

Comment

Working...
        X