New Barnetts....Wow!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BA80 View Post
    Y'all said I didn't need to remove the shift drum to get the shift forks out too but I've done 2 since then,one out of the bike, and I had to slide the drum out of the way on both.

I'm a firm believer in the fact that the job is easier if stuff is out of the way rather than trying to do the repair AND fight crap that's in the way. It's easier to remove and reinstall the extremities than to have to work around them.

But, that's just me.
    Nobody said doing it your way was wrong, just that removing those components is not necessary.

In both cases, I have done the project 5 times minimum, more for removing the clutch cover. Still, only time I ever pulled either of those pieces was to break down the wrecked bike to sell off the pieces.

Again, not that it is wrong to remove them if you feel it makes your life easier, just not absolutely necessary to do the work involved.
    Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
    80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
    93 GSX600F
    80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
    81 XS1100 Special
    81 CB750 C
    80 CB750 C
    78 XS750

Comment

More power to you. I need someone to show me that trick with the tranny because I can't see how it can be done personally.
      Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Next tranny fix either of us does, lets get together and i will show you. I won't even charge you for doing it.
        Harry

The voices in my head are giving me the silent treatment.

'79 Standard
        '82 XJ1100
        '84 FJ1100

Acta Non Verba

Comment

I need someone to show me that trick with the tranny because I can't see how it can be done personally.

Ya know.. I've had a couple drinks this evening and there's just so many things I'm dying to say about this statement, but will remain quiet. If you only knew how difficult that is for me.. lol.
          Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
          '06 Suzuki DR650
          *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
          '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
          '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
          '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
          '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
          '81 XS1100 Special
          '81 YZ250
          '80 XS850 Special
          '80 XR100
          *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

I'm sure I WILL hear them..........AH.
            Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfoot View Post
              lets get together and i will show you. I won't even charge you for doing it.
              This is the statement that I held back from.
              Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

This is the statement that I held back from.
                I was waiting for a comment on that one!
                Nathan
                KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
                K&N Filter
                #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
                OEM Exhaust
                ATK Fork Brace
                LED Dash lights
                Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
                SS Brake Lines
                Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

All I can say is you flat landers seem to get REALLY personal about sharing your "parts".
                  Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
                  80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
                  93 GSX600F
                  80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
                  81 XS1100 Special
                  81 CB750 C
                  80 CB750 C
                  78 XS750

Comment

Yeah, we have fun ribbing each other since we are quite secure.

Funny, someone who lives in the central lowlands calling us that live in the foothills of the Ozarks flatlanders.
                    Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

"I really think this is where my missing power is going. I really need to ditch my new EBC springs...."

One of my new EBC springs measured out of spec right out of the package. went with Barnetts.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfoot View Post
                        Next tranny fix either of us does, lets get together and i will show you. I won't even charge you for doing it.
                        Harry, I hope you dont plan to get your "tranny fix" at the Rally.

John
                        John is in an anonymous city with an Alamo (N29.519227,W-98.678980)

Go ahead, click on the bikes - you know you want to...the electrons are ready.
                        '81 XS1100H - "Enterprise"
                        Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

"Not all treasure is silver and gold"

Comment

Originally posted by jwhughes3 View Post
                          Harry, I hope you dont plan to get your "tranny fix" at the Rally.

John
                          Well, at least he won't be charging for it.
                          Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

Working...
                          X