Carburators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carburators

Hi, my name is Steve and I'm new to this group. I normally work with Harley Davidson built bikes but I have something that might be of interest to someone on this group. I have a friend that is parting out a 1979 XS-1100. He says that he has several parts left but what I have is a complete set of rebuildable carbs. I've pulled the float bowls off and other than needing cleaning up, the carbs look good there. I've seen these carbs in such bad shape that the float pin pillars had completely corroded away. All the slides work freely. I have not removed the tops from to the carbs to visually check the diaphrams but by the feel of the slide's movement, I think they're OK. I do need some information however. I need to know how to identify and verify exactly what model bike these carbs fit. He wants me to sell them for him and I want to make sure that I correctly represent what the carbs are. Can anyone help me with this? Thanks!
    Steve Bentley (wrencher)

I moved your thread so more people would see it. Anyway there was just a thread a few days ago about the differences in carbs btween years, take a look at that. Basically if they are Mikuni BS34 (going from memory here) with the brass floats then I would say they are original to a 78-79 bike. The newer ones are BS34 II (mark 2's) and have composite floats as well different jets etc.
    Gary Granger
    Remember, we are the caretakers of mechanical art.
    2013 Suzuki DR650SE, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 1400, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono

Comment

Re: Carburators

Originally posted by wrencher
      Hi, my name is Steve and I'm new to this group. I normally work with Harley Davidson built bikes but I have something that might be of interest to someone on this group. I have a friend that is parting out a 1979 XS-1100. He says that he has several parts left but what I have is a complete set of rebuildable carbs. I've pulled the float bowls off and other than needing cleaning up, the carbs look good there. I've seen these carbs in such bad shape that the float pin pillars had completely corroded away. All the slides work freely. I have not removed the tops from to the carbs to visually check the diaphrams but by the feel of the slide's movement, I think they're OK. I do need some information however. I need to know how to identify and verify exactly what model bike these carbs fit. He wants me to sell them for him and I want to make sure that I correctly represent what the carbs are. Can anyone help me with this? Thanks!
      Steve Bentley (wrencher)
      What are you asking for them? there are two different models, and I have a set of each that need diaphrams. If the cost is reasonable, I will take them, no matter what model, as long as they are for an XS1100 rovjer@tds.net
      put something smooooth betwen your legs, XS eleven
      79 F (Blueballs)
      79 SF (Redbutt)
      81 LH (organ donor)
      79 XS 650S (gone to MC heaven)
      76 CB 750 (gone to MC heaven)
      rover has spoken

Comment

Working...
      X