Here again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here again

Hey guys I was on vacation for 10 days now I m back, while I was gone I ve put new spark plug wires fuel lines and filters also jet the carbs. I also went threw all my electrical wires and they are all in good condition. So here I am all this done and I m still having the same issues any temperature higher then mid 20 s and it back fires and shuts down then a bunch of smoke comes out of the air box, 10 min later hit start and it fires up. I m so frustrated. What do you guys think that the regulator might be the problem when it heats up, on a good note while I was on vacation I picked up a 1982 xs 1100 and ran it for 2 and a half hours in the much warmer weather in southern Ontario at 35 - 40 degrees it was a great ride also confirming that my 81 shouldn't have a problem in the heat
    Thanks again
    TC Bros Forward Controls (Brass Pegs)
    Tkat Fork Brace
    T.C. Spade Fuse Box
    Dyna Coils & wires
    Mikesxs shocks,controls,& bars (special)
    ISO grips with stelleto ends
    4 into 1 black Bassani exhaust
    Bridgestone Spitfires
    Tuned by Tinman905
    & a will to keep it.
    83 xj 1100

Sorry for the double thread can someone tell me how to delete this one
    Thanks

Originally posted by x-man78 View Post
    Hey guys I was on vacation for 10 days now I m back, while I was gone I ve put new spark plug wires fuel lines and filters also jet the carbs. I also went threw all my electrical wires and they are all in good condition. So here I am all this done and I m still having the same issues any temperature higher then mid 20 s and it back fires and shuts down then a bunch of smoke comes out of the air box, 10 min later hit start and it fires up. I m so frustrated. What do you guys think that the regulator might be the problem when it heats up, on a good note while I was on vacation I picked up a 1982 xs 1100 and ran it for 2 and a half hours in the much warmer weather in southern Ontario at 35 - 40 degrees it was a great ride also confirming that my 81 shouldn't have a problem in the heat
    Thanks again
    TC Bros Forward Controls (Brass Pegs)
    Tkat Fork Brace
    T.C. Spade Fuse Box
    Dyna Coils & wires
    Mikesxs shocks,controls,& bars (special)
    ISO grips with stelleto ends
    4 into 1 black Bassani exhaust
    Bridgestone Spitfires
    Tuned by Tinman905
    & a will to keep it.
    83 xj 1100

Comment

Working...
    X