what's it worth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what's it worth?

I am a new member and need help pricing my 1980 xs1100 special. It is fully loaded with a windjammer fairing and saddlebags and a honda trunk. It has 48000 miles on the frame and 12000 miles on the 1980 midnignt special motor. I have done the following: cleaned and tuned carbs, cleaned fuel tank, added in line fuel filters, new tires, new seat, new batterie, new brake pads, welded origional mufflers, ect. She runs like a dream but a little more bike than I need. I would like to sell her but I don't know what to ask. Any help?
    80 SG Full Dresser

From your brief description, in my area of domain, a bike like that could go between 1.2k and 2k. Heavily dependent on corrosion/shine. With signs of heavy use/abuse expect under 1k.
    1990 Ninja ZX-10. It's the Silver Surfer. HI-YA!!

2006 Yamaha XT-225. Yep, I take it on the interstate. It's Blue Butt.

1982 Toyota 4x4. 22R Cammed, 38/38, 2" pipe, 20R head with OS valves, performance grind and other fun stuff. It's Blue RASPberry.

1969 Ford F-250 Camper Special resto project. 390 RV cam, Demon carb, Sanderson headers, 2 and a quarter pipes with Magnaflow mufflers. It's Blue Jay.

Comment

If you post a picture, it might be a little easier to tell, but I agree with Jimby's estimate.
      1980 XS850SG - Sold
      1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
      Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
      Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
      -H. Ford

Comment

what's it worth?

Thanks for the imput. The shine is pretty good. It's all black and I'd call it good to very good shine.
        80 SG Full Dresser

Comment

what's it worth?

How do I post a pic?
          80 SG Full Dresser

Comment

To post a pic you need a photo hosting site like photobucket.Then just copy the link and paste it here.
            80 SG XS1100
            14 Victory Cross Country

Comment

You can get away with more if it looks good and runs good. Do a bit of polishing, tie up all loose ends, and take it to a show.

Comment

Originally posted by Ted View Post
                - - - She runs like a dream but a little more bike than I need. I would like to sell her but I don't know what to ask. Any help?
                Hi Ted and welcome,
                don't sell her, you'll only hate yourself afterwards.
                Hang a sidecar on her instead.
                Sidecar rigs are inherently safer than solos and are also great chick magnets.
                Fred Hill, S'toon
                XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
                "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

Hey, I like the idea of a side car on one of these. What should one expect to pay for a side car? I don't see many offers of them for sale.
                  79 XS11

Comment

Originally posted by Carl_B View Post
                    Hey, I like the idea of a side car on one of these. What should one expect to pay for a side car? I don't see many offers of them for sale.

Hi Carl,
                    Walneck's just issued their annual "Sidecar" book. You might find something there.
                    Otherwise, check out Kijiji, Craig's list or e-bay.
                    DIY; square tube, an indespension unit and a gutted 'fridge will make you an el-cheapo cargo sidecar.
                    ( for this option you'll need access to a welder and a chopsaw.)
                    Used; expect to pay perhaps $1,000 for a chair that's nice enough to bolt on "as is".
                    Less for a fixable junker of course.
                    New; ~$4,000 thru ~$10,000 depending on which sidecar you choose.
                    List member slow mo has just had a sidecar installed on his XS11, perhaps you could PM him for up-to-date info?
                    Type in "why I ride a sidecar rig" on the search function to see how I hooked up my rig.
                    Last edited by fredintoon; 08-09-2012, 09:19 AM.
                    Fred Hill, S'toon
                    XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
                    "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

Working...
                    X