No announcement yet.

Anyone Use One of These Carbtune Tools?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone Use One of These Carbtune Tools?

I did a search and couldn't find this anywhere,
    so has anyone used one or had any experience with one of these???
    (Hey James England!!! it's available across the big pond)

Here's the link.... http://www.carbtune.com/
    Current Rides:
    02 GL1800 Wing
    79 XS1100SF Sold 10-15-12
    81 XS1100H Venturer Sold 10-27-12

Yup, lots of us do!! It is amazingly easy and very simple. Much easier than the gauges, and more accurate than single gauge setups.
    Nathan
    KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
    K&N Filter
    #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
    OEM Exhaust
    ATK Fork Brace
    LED Dash lights
    Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
    SS Brake Lines
    Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

I have that one, works good
      Steven

1981 XS 1100 LH
      1979 XS 1100 SF

Comment

Thanks!!!

Just wanted to check before I order one...
        I've had one with mercury I got off eBay for like $50 or so,
        but it was pretty flimsy and cheaply made, I want a quality unit now...
        Hadn't seen one like this without any liquid at all...I figured if it was
        worth it, someone on here had to of had used one...
        Thanks!!!
        Current Rides:
        02 GL1800 Wing
        79 XS1100SF Sold 10-15-12
        81 XS1100H Venturer Sold 10-27-12

Comment

I used to have a 4-way gang valve and a single dial gauge. It was a pair of gauges, but one of them was broken.
          I happened across a Best Offer auction on e-bay and paid $75 shipped for a brand new unused Carbtune Pro put up by a pawn shop. I don't think I would ever go back to dial gauges even when the pair worked. If I had seen one in person, I would definitely have paid full price in a heartbeat!

Edit: If you look around at reviews, the only thing people seem to be concerned about is that they would like the tubes to be covered. Some people cut out a piece of plastic to cover the opening on the front.
          Last edited by Prothec; 08-06-2012, 05:11 AM.
          82J · 81SH · 79SF Fire Damage · 78E · 79F Parts Bike · 04 Buell Blast
          Website/Blog

Comment

I have used one (borrowed one from someone) and it was so simple I was amazed. I figured that it'd be hard to get the columns of mercury to stay even or they'd bounce around like crazy. Nope, hooked it up, fired the bike up and sync'd up 1/2 then 3/4 then 1-2/3-4 and my bike now runs better than it has EVER. I was done with the tool in less than 2 minutes. Definitely need to buy my own set so I can keep it in sync because it made a huge difference in the fine tuning of this bike. I'm very picky about popping sounds in the exhaust and rough idle and it cleared those two problems up for me.
            1979 Special with 1980 motor and 1979 carbs

Comment

The Morgan Carbtune Pro doesn't contain any liquids, just metal rods and springs. Nothing to spill or get sucked into the engine.
              82J · 81SH · 79SF Fire Damage · 78E · 79F Parts Bike · 04 Buell Blast
              Website/Blog

Comment

Working...
              X