No announcement yet.

Soliciting Aftermarket Hadlebar Pics...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soliciting Aftermarket Hadlebar Pics...

HI.

I'd like to see pics of anyone's XS that has swapped in aftermarket handlebars...

I'm thinking of ditching the buckhorns, but would like to see how other bars look.

If you would prefer to email them to me, do it here:
    yosimitesambo@yahoo.com

Thanks!

Sam
    '80 XS1100 SG <== now parting post 45mph wreck

'79 Jeep CJ7, my other lover and drain of cash...

The only thig I have like that is standard bars on a 79 XS750SF we have. Looks strange to me but it's quite comfy. Since I got the highback king/queen seat I looking to the 'retro' look. I may try some chrome risers (6-8") and drag bars. The bike has purple/blue flames on the tank and sidecovers. It's a long-term project for when my 12 year old gets his license. It has carb and 2nd gear issues.
    I can send a pic iffn' you like.
    Pat Kelly
    <p-lkelly@sbcglobal.net>

1978 XS1100E (The Force)
    1980 XS1100LG (The Dark Side)
    2007 Dodge Ram 2500 quad-cab long-bed (Wifes ride)
    1999 Suburban (The Ship)
    1994 Dodge Spirit (Son #1)
    1968 F100 (Valentine)

"No one is totally useless. They can always be used as a bad example"

Comment

Yeah, Pat... I'd like to see pics, if only to check out that paint job!

I had thought of doing the riser/drag myself... I had also thought about switching to a springer front end...

Like I said, though, I want to see pix before I shell out the $$.
      '80 XS1100 SG <== now parting post 45mph wreck

'79 Jeep CJ7, my other lover and drain of cash...

Comment

I'm kinda new to the XS XJ forum...and cycle differences. I have swapped out my XJ1100 bars for some almost drag style bars. My old bars were what I call 3 piece, they were NOT the tube style. I added mounts so I could put tube style on. Let me know if you want some pics...I email them to ya.

Chad3971@hotmail.com
        "Normal people ... believe that if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features."

Scott Adams, The Dilbert Principle

Comment

Hi, This is Buck from Georgia. I don't have pics yet but if you change the triple tree it opens up lots of options. On my wife's XS1100 I shaved off the factory riser, filed them smooth, filled the back cavity with West Epoxy then drilled them to 3 1/2 inch centers to accomodate new chrome risers and any 1" handlebar out there.

I also have a second set of trees that I did this to, painted with House of Color F15 silver metal flake.

Good luck, Buck

Comment

Hey there Sam,

My buckhorns had gotten bent, and rusty, and so I was looking for replacements as well, but I wanted a pull back style, but with better angles, and was recommended to get the older Gold Wing type, they are almost as long but the angles on the handgrips are a more natural position, less flexing of the wrist, and they still allow a nice sit back position. Take a look at Godzilla in the 81 specials in the pictures section for a view. They are standard 7/8" so they bolted/clamped right in!!!

T.C.
            T. C. Gresham
            81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
            79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
            History shows again and again,
            How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

I put a set uo low rise sport bars on a set of 1.5" risiers on the Mongrel. The feel great and have a sporty feel but don't kill my back.

http://www.oregonmotorcycleparts.com/pix.html

Geezer
              Hi my name is Tony and I'm a bikeoholic.

The old gray biker ain't what he used to be.

Comment

This is a pic of my XJ with some 4 wheeler bar risers.

I havent bolted this up but I plan to soon
                "Normal people ... believe that if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features."

Comment

Well as you can see im not very computer-literate so until i figure out how to post pics you can still email me....sorry

Comment

Originally posted by TopCatGr58
                    I wanted a pull back style, but with better angles, and was recommended to get the older Gold Wing type, they are almost as long but the angles on the handgrips are a more natural position, less flexing of the wrist, and they still allow a nice sit back position. Take a look at Godzilla in the 81 specials in the pictures section for a view. They are standard 7/8" so they bolted/clamped right in!!!

T.C.
                    That sounds like what I'm looking for! I wish I had checked out your bars at previous rallies. I did try a set of LTD bars. I like the angle of the ends but they don't pull back as much as I would prefer. Where did you get yours?

p.s. I went to the 81 Special pictures but didn't see Godzilla
                    Robert
                    79 SF

Comment

Working...
                    X