No announcement yet.

Where can i find Stainless brake lines?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where can i find Stainless brake lines?

I'm looking for new brake lines and i like the look of the stainless steel ones. I know there is an email adress posted on this site to a person that knows where to find them or can make them. TYhe problem is i didnt get any response. (after about 2 weeks) does anyone know where i can find stainless steel lines?

Hi eltoro,
    If you click on the Search tab at the top of your screen and search for stainless steel I bet you find lots of posts about stainless steel brake lines.

Check the "Links" on the main page. I think I was the last one to post about them.
    Marty in NW PA
    Gone - 1978E - one of the first XS11 made
    Gone - 2007A FJR - the only year of Dark Red Metallic
    This IS my happy face.

Comment

Check the Dennis Kirk catalog. They handle both Russell and Goodridge stainless brake lines. I installed Goodridge lines on SWMBO's H and Russel lines on Tsunami. Neither is cheap, but the difference in braking performance is amazing compared to 20 year old original rubber lines.
      Ken Talbot

Comment

SS lines

Merriam Cycles carries the russell brand of SS lines. They specialize in XS11 parts so they know exactly what you need.

Give these guys a call they are very helpfull.

Merriam Cycles

Ride Safe.
        [b][size=4][font=times][color=#BD0062]Wayne[/color][/font][/size][/b]
        [b][size=4][font=times][color=#095de5]TeXSive forever[/color][/font][/size][/b]
        The best alarm clock is sunshine on chrome.

Comment

Stainless Steel Brake lines

John Stammas in Queensland Australia makes custom SS hose lines to suit the XS. They come in custom colours. I have the carbon fibre look on my XS. They noticably improve braking ability especially since the original hoses are getting long in the tooth.
          If you're interested I'll have to hunt down Johns business card to get his details or you could try the internet. Hope this can help you out.

Comment

Where ever you buy them, DO IT !!

I used RUSSELL, but there are other brand's.I thought spending $120 for a set of lines was a bit steep, but after a weekend of rebuilding, bleeding and adjusting, I have rock solid front brake's.P/S.I used 21" down lines on my 81SH, but I wish I had used 19".I have just a wee bit too much sweep, but I will dress them properly, and they wont be a problem.I used a 19" from the master to the splitter, and it fit fine too. All the banjo's were 35 degree, and DOT-4 fluid.I can post pictures if you want.
            ************************SPLASH********************
            "BIG JOHNSON"
            1981 XS1100SH
            FINISHED,READY TO RIDE

Comment

I can supply a full set of 4 hoses, three for the front and one for the rear in stainless with clear hose covering. Based on the Standard, my FRONT hoses are 16" M/C to Union, 22" Union to Front Calipers. REAR is one hose run 19" that fits into the stock mounting clamp on the swingarm.

Tested to 2000 PSI, my hoses come with 10mm screw on banjo's (just like the goodridge) for $120 a set. That's my cost, passed through to you. Shipping is $7 anywhere in the continental US. Turnaround is 2 weeks to ship after reciept of order. Interested parties e-mail me back.

Randy

Comment

indy source

my neighbor just had the brake lines on his xj redone in braided. he took them to a place called earls auto on gasoline alley here in indy. they do mostly racing industry work. the made his lines with new ends out the door for $107.00, we dropped them off on a friday and they were ready tuesday. they also have a choice of colors and colored ends. i am going to have mine done next month. if anyone is intersted i can get the business card from him and post the contact info.

Comment

that sounds like a great deal compared to what ive seen elsewhere. If you post the info i'm sure he'll get more buisness from me.

Comment

SS Brake Lines

Hey Crazy Bull,
                    Take your old lines and go to your nearest Harley store. They carry Goodridge lines(that's where I bought mine).

You can match yours for length, and banjo angle. Don't forget new crush washers (copper gaskets).

No waiting for 'em...... Ya get 'em when ya pays fer 'em!

Check previous posts, I posted info about replacing my lines earlier on this site.

If ya can't find it let me know and I will send it to ya....
                    Red Tarrents
                    XS1100E "Big Red"
                    IOOB #792669
                    "Don't let the Bastards grind ya down!"

Comment

Working...
                    X